Yellow Coating On Frudix Tablets

giraffez

Is the manafacturers details on the pack? If so maybe contact them.

Jessie (now at the "Bridge") was on Frudix (Furosemide). I'd say that it was made here in Australia as it's a fairly common diuretic. Your local chemist might be able to help since I'm sure that it would be the same as that prescribed to humans :thumbsup:

Is the manafacturers details on the pack? If so maybe contact them.

Jessie (now at the "Bridge") was on Frudix (Furosemide). I'd say that it was made here in Australia as it's a fairly common diuretic. Your local chemist might be able to help since I'm sure that it would be the same as that prescribed to humans :thumbsup:

no i had it dispensed... so its in a plastic bag.

I guess it would depend on the brand as to what colour they are? The bag the tabs is in should have a label, which will tell you the used-by date.

-WithEverythingIAm

95% of the tablets are pure white. There was like 3 or 4 that had a slight yellow coating. The bag is just a generic clear bag... the vet uses it to dispense the tablets in NOT the original packaging

The bag is just a generic clear bag... the vet uses it to dispense the tablets in NOT the original packaging

Yes I realise that, BUT it should still have a label printed out by the Vet on the packet, which says what the drug is, directions for use, and used by date amongst other things. It's illegal not to have a label on dispensed medications.

I'd say most likely some are from an older packet and some from a freshly opened packet. Saying this, the used by date on the label should be the date which is closer to now.

-WithEverythingIAm

They do get a slightly yellow tinge if they are in a bottle that has been opened for a little while or say left sitting on a bench. You may have a couple from a recently finished bottle and the rest from a new one. I have a pill box that holds a weeks worth of tablets, they are going a bit yellow by the end of the week