Roached Back

peigirl

My boy has roached his back somehow within the last day and I can see at least one vertebrate out of alignment in the mid section of his back.

Do I have any options other than chiro? I would like to avoid it if possible. He has had it previously and I'm not sure if it was the handling of the person or the actual procedure that caused him to snap at the person manipulating him.

Any suggestions welcome.

Quite possibly the pain made him snap. General GP vets are not much use in these situations. You are best to see a muscle manipulator, I think, than a full on chiro. I find Chiro's are quite rough, where as the muscle manipulators are gentler.

Just go in prepared. Take a muzzle if you feel better, but if his spine is that much out of alignment that you can see it, he really needs a manipulation of some kind. Also try giving him 1/4 of an aspirin before you go, so it takes the edge off his pain.

Yes also inclined to agree the pain caused him to snap. But I was also not impressed with the person treating him.

Coincidentlty he has his regular Bowen appt this Saturday so hopefully that offers some relief.

I'm also considering maybe acupuncture?? Tend to agree chiro is very rough.

Sounds like you've had a bad experience - sorry to hear your dog is unwell ;)

Wish you were in Melbourne - I could recommend a wonderful, gentle dog chiro who starts with lots of massage and pressure point work before making small adjustments at the end of the session. When she can see he is sore she'll give him a break and encourage him to wander around and have a good shake before starting again. Ziggy just adores her and gets so excited when she visits....by the end of the session he's falling asleep in my arms....not bad for an 18 month old Dally :laugh:

Ooooo that sounds great TSD, that's exactly the type of chiro I was/am looking for. Unfortunately the one I saw was quite rough, made sudden movements that scared him (and dare I say hurt too) and got my boy agitated. Then I got sent out of the room for her to finish treatment because I was apparently influencing his behaviour and she did god knows what and he snapped at her and connected. I should have stopped the treatment before that happened.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :laugh: Now I'm very hesitant to use it again.

Happy to give you the details of the vet/chiro I use - she does accupuncture on my kids and having tried lots of different treatments I can thoroughly recommend her. She operates from her back yard in Shelley. First consult is $75 and then $50 thereafter and you are there for over an hour. ArtyFarty also takes dougal to see her

I have also tried bowen and Liz Franks.