Digging In Water Bowl..

kristin_e102

hi kristin , all my dogs have done the same but its pretty easy i get them a tubby cube and being square unlike a bucket they never tip it over just keep it a bit full for the weight but sarge might drag it accasionaly a few inches but never has tipped it over ...well recomended .

I saw a lab do that at the dog park when I emptied the large water bucket and filled fresh water. Looked really cute. Then he ran up to my Elkhound to play and Odin wouldn't even touch him since he was soaking wet :thumbsup: Odin hates all things wet!!!

Yep I seem to have busted his bubble by getting the BIGGEST container I could find in the house. I fill it up and its too heavy for him to tip.. He still swims in it but at least he isnt dragging it around...

It'll do until I get my hands on a shell...

Thanks

Kristin

Most of my dogs play in thier water bowls. I use a clam shell plus i find the galvanised buckets they dont chew and full of water they are pretty heavy so they tend not to play in them much. Also I have the run off from my aircon (evap) going all summer into their yard so they can always get a drink from that too - and they like to lie in the puddle fo water they make. Indoors I go for quantity. the idea being that i have 4 or 5 large heavy water bowls so even if they play in one otr two of them there is alsmot always at least one with water still in it. Plus i put galvanised buckets full of water in the shower on relaly hot days. This way they can splash around to thier hearts content and lie in the mess they make. I also always leave thier crate doors open and water in the bowls attached to the sides of thier crates. They dont play in the crate water bowls. I've never yet come hoem to dind they have NO water, tho often the tiled floor is very wet with dogs laying in the water lol.