K9 Force In Qld

Seita

Tried that with him. He's just too soft, especially with her. I'm training them, so I'll do it my way regardless.

It was great to watch Steve work with her, I was so proud of her.

I'm sure he will appreciate it once he sees her behaviour progress even more :rolleyes:

I don't blame you, she was pretty darn cool for a little Frenchie! :thumbsup:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a fantastic weekend... big thanks to Seita, K9 Force and the lovely people at Camp Tailwaggers. It really helped open my eyes to the things Jane has been telling me... I'm slowly picking stuff up... and given me hope that I can resolve the in-fighting at home.

Agree, thanks to Seita and Camp Tailwaggers. Brilliant day. I am kicking myself I didn't do the two days now. :rolleyes: Great to meet you all. :thumbsup: Roc was so well behaved and didn't embarrass me. That's a plus. :rofl:

Steve.... :rofl:

:o:o :D

OMG How good was that week-end. I have learnt so much my brain is like spaghetti at the moment, everything swishing around together now I just have to get out one stand at a time and make sure I understand it properly.

It was nice to actually put faces to names and to meet up with you all.

Thanks to Steve for coming all the way up here to impart his knowledge to us (or was that just to get his :rofl: played with by Val at each break) :o:o

Thanks to everyone at Camptailwaggers it is truely a state of the art complex :rofl::hug::o:)

Special thanks to Nicole for organising the week-end as well :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

Good Luck to Rottylover with your boy please keep us updated with his progress I would love to know how your going. :(

I have some pics I will post them later.

Cheers

Maree

:)

:thumbsup: Hi guys. It was great to meet you all. I had a terrific weekend and would have loved to stay for the TID stuff. I think I will also sign up for the distance course.

I did find 3 ticks on Monah, I guess you have all checked.

Thanks to Camptailwaggers! A very professional, super clean, friendly place with fantastic facilities :rolleyes: :rofl: I will definately go again. Monah loved it. Thanks very very much to Nicole who did a wonderful job with the organising.

All the dogs behaved so well, except Monah when she was whinging :rofl:

Rottylover, great to see you and your dog. Good luck.

Thanks to Steve who truly is inspirational, motivational and hilarious too! Wonderful, I could have listened to him for hours (I DID! :hug: ). It was lovely seeing Jane Harper again, wonderful person, also very very knowledgable and helpful.

All in all, a wonderful weekend, except when I was throwing up on the windy drive up there :):o

Good to meet everyone - I made a point to come in here and post so you know I REALLY AM a member :hug: . I had a great weekend - thanks for the renewal in enthusiasm.

Sorry bout your shirt Steve :coffee: but I DO feel better that it wasn't just my unco handling that produced that kind of reaction from the boy... I was always made to feel as though it was my fault he did it - gets a bit depressing to say the least.

Totally psyched about training now - I really needed that! Can't wait to start the distance training and I'm sure I'll have plenty more scratches and bites from Loki before I get it right but at least I have some direction and encouragement now and my dogs might actually reach their potential rather than just run amok on the farm here.

So glad I attended - thanks everyone!

Your boy is beautiful mcq :cry::)

I don't think Monah whinged nearly as much as Mia :coffee: Mia has been in a coma since we got home, she is slowly coming out of it :hug: I wonder if Bakari is in the same state as Mia :cry:

Edited by spotty.spot.spot

No tics on my two, but we never really left the training area, so maybe that's why.

It was great to meet everyone and have a chat. I felt particularly lucky that Jane was in attendance and she was able to put Steve's info into context of what we're doing with my dogs... I'm so excited to get into the training and much more confident about it all. Think I might even try Griff for some drive :coffee:

Rottylover, I too would love it if you could keep us updated on how your boy progresses. Best of luck with it.

:hug: just frantically checked Roc. Just when I was recovering over the size of those horse flies. Not use to bugs you can saddle and ride yet!!

Sparks only pic I got of your boy. :coffee:

DSC_0016RS.jpg

:cry: just frantically checked Roc. Just when I was recovering over the size of those horse flies. Not use to bugs you can saddle and ride yet!!

Sparks only pic I got of your boy. :cry:

Thats the best head shot I've seen of him ever. I'm hopeless with a camera :coffee:

And those horse flies were massive.... Callista was not happy about them at all... was trying to run away from one at one point :hug: poor thing, not much meat on her bones and she was definitely feeling the bites.

Roc was very well-behaved on Saturday, he was the king just surveying his kingdom for the day.

ETA: do you mind if I post the image link into the frenchie thread?

Edited by sparky

K9: Thank you all very much, I had a great time also. It is really great when everything comes together so nicely, great people, great dogs & a great venue. I am also very grateful that your attendance allows me to teach my programs all over the country.

It was clear that the group were all dog enthusiasts with a passion for learning, it showed in your dogs just how much time you have put into them.

I wanted to say a special thanks to all those who brought their dogs & let me work with them, including the Black GSD that gave me the kiss lol... PS: definitely would prefer to take the shepherd on before the Frenchy..... :coffee:

And a warm thanks also to Seita, who organised the whole thing for me, I was extremely well looked after & look forward to the next trip, & of course her little girl who all can clearly see is an amazing performer...

We covered a lot of topics which I hope pleased everyone & didn't over load too many of you, it has been too long since I was in Qld doing one of these.

I will aim to get back next year & will design the workshop around a more specific topic so we can go a bit further again than we did this time.

:( just frantically checked Roc. Just when I was recovering over the size of those horse flies. Not use to bugs you can saddle and ride yet!!

Sparks only pic I got of your boy. :o

DSC_0016RS.jpg

Wow, lovely photo. yes, the horse flies were, well, horse size!!!! :) Give me a nice big rat or snake any day :laugh:

Monah crashed all the way home, slept like a baby! Thanks again Steve. I probably looked a bit vague, but I am currently just taking it all in! I'm very disappointed we had to miss the training in drive. love those photos Huski took.

Will look forward to you visiting again Steve!

Midol, you're such a nice boy!! :) In fact you are all a really lovely bunch of people. I'm so glad I went. Spotty, yes I did hear Mia, I thought it was Monah!! they do the same shrill whine :rofl::birthday: Loved Bakari too, all the dogs were great. Huski, you are just as pretty as your photos!There, that's enough praise and reward!!!!

Wow, lovely photo. yes, the horse flies were, well, horse size!!!! :laugh: Give me a nice big rat or snake any day :)

Monah crashed all the way home, slept like a baby! Thanks again Steve. I probably looked a bit vague, but I am currently just taking it all in! I'm very disappointed we had to miss the training in drive. love those photos Huski took.

Will look forward to you visiting again Steve!

Midol, you're such a nice boy!! :) In fact you are all a really lovely bunch of people. I'm so glad I went. Spotty, yes I did hear Mia, I thought it was Monah!! they do the same shrill whine :rofl::) Loved Bakari too, all the dogs were great. Huski, you are just as pretty as your photos!There, that's enough praise and reward!!!!

OMG, the horse flies were scaring the shit out of me! I have a phobia of insects :):birthday:

Thanks for the compliment Monah :o you were so lovely! Just how I imagined you from your posts :D And monah the viz is so adorable, next time you have to bring the spinone :( Hopefully Steve will come up again next year and will do another drive based work shop, fingers crossed I will have a more obedient beagle by then :o

Edited by huski

OMG, the horse flies were scaring the shit out of me! I have a phobia of insects :(:birthday:

I am so glad I wasn't the only one trying to hide my panic.

Steve, will look forward to your next visit. :rofl:

I don't know about hiding it, Maree (BC4ME) was pissing herself laughing every time I jumped up from my seat when the little buggers landed on me :o