Flyball Sunshine Coast - A New Club/team

:) Hello

Im starting this thread to find out if anybody is interested in starting a flyball team ( or club ) on the sunshine coast???I have 2 borders who have been racing for 3 years. We love flyball, and want to continue. I have emailed and phoned all the clubs ( agility and obied) on sunshine coast and no luck with flyball. I have also been in contact with PAWs of noosa, however it is my understanding that they dont compete in all comps, as half their team is from sydney.

So if anybody is interested PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply to this thread

cheers for now :kissbetter::clap::(

Edited by blackborder

• 2 weeks later...
:) Hello

Im starting this thread to find out if anybody is interested in starting a flyball team ( or club ) on the sunshine coast???I have 2 borders who have been racing for 3 years. We love flyball, and want to continue. I have emailed and phoned all the clubs ( agility and obied) on sunshine coast and no luck with flyball. I have also been in contact with PAWs of noosa, however it is my understanding that they dont compete in all comps, as half their team is from sydney.

cheers for now :laugh::rofl::)

I've sent a link to one of the people who works for us on the Sunny coast. Hopefully Tash will be intouch. She's been super keen to start flyball, just not able to train at the right time.

Cheers

tony

We're def interested. We went up to Noosa with Mac a few times and she's so switched on. It ended up being too far to get up there every week considering mum doesn't usually get home till 4:30-5 on weekdays, so dependsing on times and places. (aka. Nambour would be awesome) we'd love to start again.

We had done a bit of training with her at home and after one lesson she'd worked out the box.

Her biggest issue is getting her used to other dogs but once she's focusses, thats it.

We're def interested. We went up to Noosa with Mac a few times and she's so switched on. It ended up being too far to get up there every week considering mum doesn't usually get home till 4:30-5 on weekdays, so dependsing on times and places. (aka. Nambour would be awesome) we'd love to start again.

We had done a bit of training with her at home and after one lesson she'd worked out the box.

Her biggest issue is getting her used to other dogs but once she's focusses, thats it.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

At this point Im looking at Nambour, although we will need grounds to train - got any ideas???

pLease spread the word about this thread so we can get as many people as we can, and then possibly a team !!

cheers for now black border

:( Hello

cheers for now :laugh::laugh::o

I've sent a link to one of the people who works for us on the Sunny coast. Hopefully Tash will be intouch. She's been super keen to start flyball, just not able to train at the right time.

Cheers

tony

Hi tony - yes please pass on this thread to any body who is keen ( or even slightlt keen).

Im getting very excited !!!

cheers black border

I don't know Nambour heaps well, only place I can think of off the top of my head is the showgrounds.

We also have a footy field, 2 soccer feilds and an oval at Palmwoods. I don't know how they;d feel about having dogs there but we can always ask, its not fenced though.

There is a field in wombye that I see dogs at a lot, beside the soccer field.

Or maybe that's palmwoods :)

thanks for that info Lord Midol!!

Are we going to see you come alone to flyball?? pretty please

also do you know the exact address of this area?? does it have a conact sign or anything???

Edited by blackborder

I don't know Nambour heaps well, only place I can think of off the top of my head is the showgrounds.

We also have a footy field, 2 soccer feilds and an oval at Palmwoods. I don't know how they;d feel about having dogs there but we can always ask, its not fenced though.

I am about to start building a house in nambour, and currently i live 5 hours away, so i have no idea about these places you are talking about.. but they do sound good

If it is possible could you please get me some contact details and addresses , and i will begin to email etc to see if we can secure an area.

a fenced area would be ideal, but an area unfenced will be ok, as long as it is big enough so we are not near any roads etc, and perhaps we can block off an area with cars???

Or maybe that's palmwoods :)

also do you know the exact address of this area?? does it have a conact sign or anything???

I drive past it every time I work so I'll stop and look next time. I know dogs aren't allowed on the soccer field but I think they can go on the other side.

Finding a fenced area near Nambour will be impossible. The only fenced dog park is complete crap. Our best bet would be pestering the council to fence in a bigger block of public owned land. Joe Natoli(SP) was going to fence in more dog parks but he wasn't elected.

I wouldn't do flyball as I don't have any dogs which would be willing to do it, but I'd still come along so I can learn about the training that is involved with flyball :love:

Or maybe that's palmwoods :rofl:

I drive past it every time I work so I'll stop and look next time. I know dogs aren't allowed on the soccer field but I think they can go on the other side.

Finding a fenced area near Nambour will be impossible. The only fenced dog park is complete crap. Our best bet would be pestering the council to fence in a bigger block of public owned land. Joe Natoli(SP) was going to fence in more dog parks but he wasn't elected.

I wouldn't do flyball as I don't have any dogs which would be willing to do it, but I'd still come along so I can learn about the training that is involved with flyball :)

hey

Thats a shame aboot the lack of fenced areas in nambour :love:

But i guess we will just have to work with what we have got.

What bread /s odogs do you have???

If you were willing to come along to flyball that would be really great!!! every flyball team needs a good box loader, and there is loads of other stuff to do in the team with out running a dog

Black Boarder

Edited by blackborder

• 3 months later...

Hi

I live in Nambour

There is a good park called Petrie Park on the rivulet, unfortuately unfenced but one end has 3 sides which would suit the idea well.

I have 2 whippets that I might be able to motivate, but more interested in agility.

Thanks