My Short Coated Puppy Has Dandruff Would Fish Oil Help?

kelly

Hi just a quick question i have a short coated breed puppy and have noticed she has pretty dry skin and a bit of dandruff. To bring it back upto condition what would be the best thing to use..She wont eat sardines (tried that one) but would fish oil capsules (pierced) work just as well?

What do other people use? I feed her on supercoat puppy, the occsional egg, and chicken necks/carcuss for her teeth

Any help would be appreciated. :coffee:

Hi she is 12 weeks old and she was last bathed at her breeders (she isnt dirty)

She wont eat fish i have tried?

Would veg oil give her the runs?

Any other tried and trusted methods?? I feed her supercoat puppy as her main meals and she will get chicken necks/carcuss etc as well for her teeth.

Thanks

Kel

HI thats interesting re supercoat. What is a good brand dry dog biscuit-My vet kept trying to push hills onto me but that was all they had to i was wondering if they were sponsered to promote it!

Soooo what dry food would be good?

Appreciate the help people

Kel x

Edited by kelly

There are lots of posts in this thread on different dry foods! Hills is another dry food that the first ingredient is a grain so not one I'd choose. I've used Advance, Royal Canin and Eagle Pack and been happy with them :rofl:

Eagle Pack food.

Another vote for Aloveen Shampoo and LEAVE IN conditioner are fab!

The dog doesnt have to be washed to use the conditioner, it's nice as an in between deoderisor and moisturiser. Works a treat for dandruffy coats!

Eagle Pack food.

Another vote for Aloveen Shampoo and LEAVE IN conditioner are fab!

The dog doesnt have to be washed to use the conditioner, it's nice as an in between deoderisor and moisturiser. Works a treat for dandruffy coats!

And it smells so pretty :rofl: