Whats The Best Mixture Of Fresh Food To Feed A Puppy?

saminaomi

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum, but we've just bought a gorgeous little samoyed male. He hasnt arrived home yet so we are just gettting everything prepared for him.

We are having trouble trying to find a list of good grains, meats, vegies etc, that we can prepare for his diet. Not wanting to cause him bloating or nutrional problems, unfortunatly we cannot find any specifics. We did approach our vet but they were not much help either!

Can any one suggest any basics for us?

thanks!

Hi- welcome!

I am not the best person to tell you about diet -

to start with- have a read of THIS THREAD

That will give you some ideas :thumbsup:

A good idea is to feed exactly what the breeder has been using- until pup gets settled!! This can help avoid tummy upsets and toilet accidents in the first week or two .

( they should give you a diet sheet etc with the rest of the info, but PHONE them and ask, so you can have it ready)

GRADUALLY change over to whatever food you wish to use...once again- to avoid tummy upsets.

I know nothing of samoyeds and a predisposition to any problems- but would recommend you look at feeding a raw diet.

Dogs don't need grains, really, and also , they only need small quantities of veg/fruit.

have a read in the "health ,Nutrition, Grooming forum ", too :thumbsup:

Hi,

i'm new as well and i have a male samoyed 7 months old and when i got him, the breeder gave me a list of food she was feeding him, and slowly swapped him to advanced puppy wet food and puppy supercoat dry food, and he loves it....bit of a slow eater but he has grown up solid and happy...

Edited by ShezSam43

Wolfsong, can I ask how much raw meat does Mistral eat and how often? Heidi is 13 weeks now and I want to start introducing raw meat and bones but Im not sure how much to give her. She's starting to discover (thanks to the kids) that people food is yummier than her royal canin. I frequently come into the kitchen to find the kids and dog checking out whats in the fridge lol

Mistral is one gorgeous puppy

Thanks Trish