Groomer In Orange Nsw

Hi folks,

my mum caught the schnauzer bug and has now got a new little pup at home with her in Orange. I don't know much about doggy stuff there as I didn't own my lot when I lived there. Can anyone recommend a good groomer that definitely knows a schnauzer clip? They're hard to find at the best of times :thumbsup:

Thanks!!

any decent groomer should know how to groom a Schnauzer! its not a hard groom at all! has the puppy got a wiry coat likey they are meant to have? This can mean you can try and find a groomer that will handstrip the dog for you like they are meant to be done properly. There arent many out there but if you find a good one they may charge a little extra for handstripping as it is harder on the hands and takes longer but if you're willing to pay its DEFINITELY worth a try as it will bring out the coat beautifully natural with a nice shine (if done properly). (id say come to me but im in Melbourne...sorry...hehe)

Check the PIAA site (piaa.net.au i think) (Pet Industry Association of Australia) as this site is where members are that have to adhere to a certain level of conduct so you know you will be getting a high standard at least.

If worried, look up photos of Schnauzer grooms on the net and take one in that you like the look of.

Hopefully this helps, good luck

"any decent groomer should know how to groom a Schnauzer"

Oh you wish.

As a mini breeder & professional groomer it is one of the breeds that suffers dreadfully by being groomed incorrectly .

The number of times our puppy owners have been on the phone in tears because the groomer has clipped the beard off or trimmed it like a dunny brush or they have given it owl eyes.

The greater majority groom them like scotties.

PIAA groomers doesnt equate to knowing how to do breed specific,seen the results of some :laugh:

Pamper Your Pooch in Hill St maybe able to help or give you the name of someone who could, or try Lara's shearing Shed in Lords Place.

That's a no for them being able to do it

Would a drive to Bathurst be out of the question ?

ETA I should have added call Deidre at the Pet Pantry in Bathurst and she should be able to help you out. Experienced and nice to the dogs

Edited by PPS

:cheer: Thanks for the advice guys :)

A drive to Bathurst isn't out of the question...it's not me of course, it's my mum but she has seen first-hand the damage done to my poor boy after a groomer hacked his beard, so she will be motivated to go somewhere good. That's 2 recommendations I've had for Deidre now so I'll pass that info on.

Luckypup: I'm glad you think it's not a hard groom, and you have some lucky schnauzer owners nearby if you happily do them :cheers: The truth is, I've had 3 horrible grooming experiences, I have specifically instructed for certain things to be done (and left alone for that matter) and get smiles and nods, when I return to pick my dog up they are NOTHING like I asked. Mazza (my eldest boy) is still regrowing the top of his beard some 8 months after the last groomer shaved down his nose :o

I now groom them myself, and while they may not be perfect, at least I'm not paying someone to hack at them :party: I understand it's a very specific groom, but if the groomers don't know how to do it they should just say so and save owners the $$ and anguish.

Rant over :p