Type Of Dry Food You Use

rizenstar

Hi Everyone, :thumbsup:

Just got a few questions for you all................. Our questions are:

1) What Dry Food do you use?

2) How long does that last you?

3) Do you buy more than 1 bag at a time?

4) What is the size of each bag and its cost?

Also are there any things that you find difficult to find, whether it be food, collars, treats, bedding etc?

Thanking you all in advance

Cheers

Suzie and Patrick

PS: Im very sorry if this is in the wrong are or is not allowed,please feel free to remove :thumbsup:

Thanx guys for the responses so far, my hubby and I are opening a pet supplies shop(no live pets) so instead of feeling our way in the dark and only stocking the foods we use we would ask for some other favourites that people use :thumbsup: We got sick of going into stores and not being able to find what we wanted so we figured we would open a shop aiming at both the show people and pet people - Fingers crossed that we go ahead in leaps and bounds

Edited by rizenstar

I usually use what we win, so Advance, Royal Canin, and cant remember the third one. LAsts me forever as i dont usually feed dry, so months. Havnt bought dry food for a very long time (still have a cupboard full of the stuff). If i do have to buy it then i buy 20kg bags. Altho i dont feed one of my BCs on it as it doesnt agree with him

I feed Advance dry, buy the big bag, and feed 3 cups per day, so it lasts a while. Costs about $103. We recently bought 2 bags because they were on sale. I really want to buy a tennis ball

with a "tail" attached to it, like a racoon tail. I've seen them on websites for overseas, but have yet to find one here. Thats about the only thing I have trouble finding in pet supply stores.

I like looking at different toys, things that you don't just find anywhere.

Puppy on a mostly raw diet with occasional kibble (more used as treats in kongs). That kibble is currently EP Holistic Chicken, looking to change over to Artemis grain free shortly. She'd probably get around a cup a day so a bag lasts a long time.

Adult on a homemade special raw/grain free diet for IBD and food intolerances.

good cheap mats or beds for crates, i knwo there are hession ones but they tear rather easily......i have one dog that lurves to dig his bed, to the point of coming home and there is just a sea of foam :thumbsup: .

I've had that happen many a time in my trailer :thumbsup: so I know exactly where your coming from lol

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=152768

Check out this thread - lists foods and ingredients and more and more people that do feed kibble, prefer to know what is in their dogs food - hope it helps and you are successful :love: By the way where abouts are you opening your store??? Also Judith from Artemis is on the hunt for a qld stockist that does not sell live animals so get in contact with her on [email protected]

1) What Dry Food do you use? Artemis Fresh Mix adult

2) How long does that last you? Depends!

3) Do you buy more than 1 bag at a time? Yes, usually buy 2 bags at a time

4) What is the size of each bag and its cost? 15kg bag costs $98.45. Very cost effective to feed as it's very concentrated. My girls get around 1.5 cups/day. My more active girl used to get 2 to 2 1/2 cups a day max.

In light of recent events, it would be a great idea to contact Judith (as per FTPO's post) as Artemis also offer a grain-free kibble and have a good range.

1) What Dry Food do you use? Bonnie working dog or great barko when it's in.

2) How long does that last you? 2 wks + and more

3) Do you buy more than 1 bag at a time? No

4) What is the size of each bag and its cost? 20 kg 25-30 approx

Also are there any things that you find difficult to find, whether it be food, collars, treats, bedding etc?

not really

Edited by RebLT

I really want to buy a tennis ball with a "tail" attached to it, like a racoon tail. I've seen them on websites for overseas, but have yet to find one here.

I like looking at different toys, things that you don't just find anywhere.

Hi VJB :o

I think we have found them or something very similar, they seem to come in 3 different ball sizes and tail types - Fox, Raccoon & Squirrel. They look interesting to say the least :rofl:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=152768

By the way where abouts are you opening your store??? Also Judith from Artemis is on the hunt for a qld stockist that does not sell live animals so get in contact with her on [email protected]

Hi FTPO :rofl:

Our shop is going to be in Beaudesert Q'ld, fingers crossed that it does well :rofl: I have been in contact with Judith but we are going to have to look into the freight side of things(not cheap unfortunately) any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx everyone for your comments and suggestions so far, its great to get an idea on what their dogs do well on and is still cost effective :laugh:

1) What Dry Food do you use? Advance Dental & Royal Canin Sensible

2) How long does that last you? Probably a little under a month for each bag, since I supplement with raw.

3) Do you buy more than 1 bag at a time? Nope.

4) What is the size of each bag and its cost? I get RC at wholesale, and a 1.5kg (I think? Small bag) bag of Advance Dental small & medium breed is $18 from my vet.

1) What Dry Food do you use? Was using Orijen and have now swapped to Eagle Pack Holistic (duck) since the Orijen drama

2) How long does that last you? depends but over a month - feed 2 cups per day

3) Do you buy more than 1 bag at a time? No

4) What is the size of each bag and its cost? 13.6kg = $124

We use Royal Canine - I would have bought Eagle Pack but it was hard to find a stockist, you had to order it in advance - as we were running out fast I decided to try RC from Eukaneuba(sorry for the spelling) and my dogs love it. I don't have to do anything with it to get them to eat it as I did with the Euk...adn well now I'm hesitant to switch.

We buy 1 huge bag at a time (12 or 15kg) and we feed our dogs 2.5 cups a day so it lasts us awhile!! I don't buy more than one bag due to that reason.

I also give them chicken wings, sardines and natural yoghurt and I just buy them from the supermarket....

I do have some trouble getting appropriate toys. The place we go to has heaps of stuffed toys and we have a long waitlist for 'surgery' in this house in order to fix bits and pieces that are ripped out...and I'm scared they'll eat the stuffing while we're out and get a bowel obstruction!

I do buy their dried/smoked bits and pieces sometimes for the dogs as a treat - they love it and some of them are on ground level so they can pick their own. Obviously we can take them in to the store which is great as when we're wanting to fit a winter coat or harness etc when we buy them it makes it a whole heap easier so I definitely recommend that when you open your store!

I use Supercoat chicken. I buy 2 bags at a time, about $42 a 18kg bag and that lasts me about 3 weeks.

I also feed them raw chicken mince everyday with the supercoat and the get chicken necks and red meat bones a couple of times a week.

I started feeding my dogs Natural balance canned food with raw bones for April as she had a wheat allergy. I still give it to my son's dog with Purina One or Supercoat lg breed. I've been feeding Tilba, my 10.5 m/o pup on Innova but after reading the other thread I may switch her over to NB kibble (which I can get from the supermarket & don't have to make a special trip to the pet store),as well as raw bones.

The Innova is $40 for a 3kg bag, although last time I got 2 for the price of 1 as it was a few days from being out of date.

It lasts different rates because of all the other things they get.

1) What Dry Food do you use?

Eagle Pack Holistic - currently chicken

2) How long does that last you?

Usually around 2 - 3 months, my 6kg dog only gets 1/4 - 1/2 cup kibble in the morning and RMB at night.

3) Do you buy more than 1 bag at a time?

No just the one

4) What is the size of each bag and its cost?

I think it's around 3kg and $35 from memory?