Pup With The Runs

storm

I have a little 10 week old pup that continuously does running poos. I have wormed him, put him on plain chicken and rice diet, given sourban and nothing makes any difference.

Overall he is happy and energetic, normal pup. I have had him for a week. He was vaccinated at 7weeks. He has bowel control and is learning housetraining well.

He has no distended belly, clear eyes, gum etc just running poos they dont smell any worse then a normal formed poo

Any ideas to help

I'd be taking him and a stool sample to the vet.

Chicken and rice has insufficient calcium for a growing pup - he will need a diet change or supplementation and I'd only do the latter under veterinary supervision.

If he has constant runs, the amount of nutrition from what he eats he's receiving is questionable anyway.

Edited by poodlefan

Collect a poop sample and take it and your dog to the Vet and request a faecal analysis and faecal float to be done asap.

Your pup is only young and they can dehydrate very quickly so I was also have him on electrolytes and humn grade probiotic capsules( break oopen the capsule and sprinkle it on the chicken and rice) but please get him seen by a Vet.

We've found mashed pumpkin helped our pup with the runs - although it was only an instance of one runny poo before we tried it - we just mixed in a tablespoon with her normal biscuits every meal for a day or two (although now she has a taste for pumpkin and we give her it as a treat occasionally)

I'd be checking with the vet if its been going on for a while

Arrowroot biscuits and Yoghurt (with all the good bacteria) mashed up together, great for stopping the runs.

My young boy I am showing, had the runs for almost 6 months, and I finally cured him when I switched him to Coprice dry food. Starting to think he has a wheat intolerance.