Found Some Salmon Heads

laffi

I know it's silly but I found some cheap salmon heads today for my lot and got so excited :love: . I feed prey model diet and little new discoveries like this make me really happy :)

Anyone else enjoying looking for new items to add to the diet?

Btw I will be moving to Sydney in January so would really appreciate some butchers or other places recommendations. :cheer:

I know it's silly but I found some cheap salmon heads today for my lot and got so excited :rofl: . I feed prey model diet and little new discoveries like this make me really happy :rofl:

Btw I will be moving to Sydney in January so would really appreciate some butchers or other places recommendations. :rofl:

I was the same when I discovered them at the fish markets.I did buy them but my dogs wern't terribly impressed with them.2 dogs ended up eating them but the other one just layed beside it and wouldn't eat it

I'm sure you'll be able to get them easily around Sydney at the fish markets.There's also www.justfood4dogs.com.au that delivers around Sydney that you'd be able to get fresh bones/mince delivered

I know it's silly but I found some cheap salmon heads today for my lot and got so excited :rofl: . I feed prey model diet and little new discoveries like this make me really happy :rofl:

Btw I will be moving to Sydney in January so would really appreciate some butchers or other places recommendations. :rofl:

I was the same when I discovered them at the fish markets.I did buy them but my dogs wern't terribly impressed with them.2 dogs ended up eating them but the other one just layed beside it and wouldn't eat it

I'm sure you'll be able to get them easily around Sydney at the fish markets.There's also www.justfood4dogs.com.au that delivers around Sydney that you'd be able to get fresh bones/mince delivered

Hopefully they will eat them lol. I can get whole mullet for $2.99/kg so they get whole fish about once a week. They were not too thrilled at the beginning but now they love it so I hope they will eat the salmon heads as well :p

Thanks heaps for the tip about www.justfood4dogs.com.au :rofl:

I heard raw salmon was dangerous for dogs???

Something about a bacteria in it or something along those lines????

Anyone know for sure??

Only fresh salmon from the Pacific North West can carry a parasite that can be dangerous to dogs, but freezing kills it, and I doubt very much that such salmon will be found here in Australia anyway (and if it is, it will have been frozen for the trip over).

~ ~ ~

I too love hunting for meaty bargains and get so excited when I find something new! I once nearly bought out a supermarket when they had a sale on meaty (human grade) lamb necks for $1.49 pkg! And I was recently given 4 whole (fur on) wild rabbits...yay - free meat!

I get salmon heads for 50 cents each and Fox loves them as fishcycles!

i get my raw from food4dogs and find his roo tails MASSIVE Rogue struggles to get thru one in one sitting - Mav never has any troubles!

I get 10kg for 18.00 which is usually about 8 pieces and they get carcasses and wings for the rest...

never ceases to amaze me that people will pay $3.50kg for chicken necks at woolies :rolleyes: !!