Can Cooked Rice Cause Dogs To Burp A Fair Bit ? Lol

Hi everyone :thumbsup:

I usually cook up pasta and mince for my two for their dinners, and give a very small amount with handful of dry food.

I have decided to try rice for a while instead of pasta.. We heard something said somewhere by this dog nutritionist that pasta isn't that good for dogs ;) ( not that I have even seen anything bad happen as a result of giving small quantities of it to all the dogs I have even owned )

Anyway Cavaliers are known for their burps hehe, but mine have never burped that much. They have just started since giving them rice..

So could it be the rice doing it, and why would it? It is cute listening to them, but not sure if it's 'normal' The rice is a wholemeal med grain one.

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

Dogs are carnivores, they arent meant to eat pasta & rice etc...........These things are carbohydrates that convert to sugar in the body.........Cancers & Yeast feed on sugar..........Yeast in a dog causes all sorts of things, itchy skin, ear infections, arthritis, gut problems....a list as long as my arm, it is called Canine Candida when yeast grows out of control in the body, same as humans.

Jules, dogs cannot digest grains so it probably ferments in their tummies until it is passed - so I would say, yes these foods will make dogs burp and fart for that matter.

If you are after a filler for dogs with their meat, just mush up some veges - sweet spud and pumkin are both good fillers (especially if you are watching their weight).

IMO (and both the vet and holistic practioner) dogs should not be given rice and pasta...