Which Clippers Are Best?

Ayla2000

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if someone could give me some advice on which clippers would be best for my needs? We are after some reasonably priced clippers for the use on one dog only, a Brittany, with a reasonably thick coat. Also, where can I purchase these? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kate

I really like the Wahl Km2 clippers.

Not sure about being the best as I have killed a couple of sets already.

BUT they are nice and comfy to hold, don't get warm fast. Although in the beginning they will, as you improve your time will be cut down not taking so long. If they do warm up, stop and have a break. Since your dog has a thick coat you will need to anyway if your using the one set of clippers, another suggestion would be an extra blade as they do get warm. You don't want to clipper burn your dog. Check the warmth of the blade by touching it, chances are if it is too warm for you then it already is too warm for your dog.

I think the best price that you will get them at is Clipper World , they advertise on DOL and are in Cranbourne, Vic.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I bought Razor Clippers from Clipper Blade Sharpening Service last year. Cost under $100 posted, and came with a #10 and #7 blade. One speed which is all I need. He does sell other brands, and the prices are competitive with other suppliers such as Clipper World etc.

I clip one Cocker Spaniel off completely, trim another one, and do the occasional tidy up on some Cavaliers. The clippers have done a great job so far, and the advice and help I got from Clipper Blade Sharpening was probably worth the $100 without the clippers!! They would be fine for a full body clip on a Brittany, I think.

I've had other clippers in the past, and they have worn out or died, and I figured that at $100, if the Razors only went for a year or two I'd still be winnng, as they were about half the price of Andis, Wahl, Oster etc. They are going to go longer than that obviously and they don't get particularly hot.

Here's the web address - click on "clippers" or send him an e-mail

http://clipperbladesharpening.webs.com/

Edited by Jed

I've been grooming pro grooming since 1969 and I reckon you can't beat the KM2 and a couple of 10 blades. Get a 7F for winter. Use them on low speed and they don't heat up as fast. Dirty gluggy coat will slow them down and make them heat up faster so always clip a clean dry dog and your blades will stay sharp forever.

I've been grooming pro grooming since 1969 and I reckon you can't beat the KM2 and a couple of 10 blades. Get a 7F for winter. Use them on low speed and they don't heat up as fast. Dirty gluggy coat will slow them down and make them heat up faster so always clip a clean dry dog and your blades will stay sharp forever.

The Wahl KM2 is the best value for money clipper on the market. Andis AGCs are good but a little bit more expensive.

Clipper World have package deals with extra blades at good prices (they advertise on DOL)

ive found with clipper vacc its great at making the salon less hairy and what not but it actually cuts the hair heaps shorter!

OhMarley,

What brand are you using?

Does it prevent all the hair going everywhere and why does it cut shorter? Sorry for the questions! :(