How To Make Them Firm?

MyMolly

ok so I was doing the dishes today and I looked out the window and and caught an eye full of Molly doing her business and it was not as firm as I would have thought it should be.

Does any1 have any ideas how i can make then a bit more solid looking? From the window it kinda looked like a slushie or is that how it is meant to be??

Thanks for your time and help :thumbsup:

Edited by MyMolly

Sorry I should have said before what I was feeding her.

I am wanting to put her on chicken mince but at the moment she eats dry puppy food with prota dog polony stuff.....I was told that that was good for her....maybe its not so good :thumbsup:

What brand of dry dog food do you feed?

A lot of dry dog foods contain a fair proportion indigestable fillers like cereal and beet pulp. I've seen a few dogs fed poor kibble who produce poos the consistency and colour of caramel mousse. :laugh:

Most dog rolls have a fair water content and a healthy measure of preservatives to boot. An expensive way to soften poo IMO.

The easiest way to feed a growing pup well is a premium brand dog food. People here seem to like Royal Canin a fair bit.

The more challenging way is to feed kibble and raw or straight raw food. However, for a growing puppy who needs to work her jaws as she develops, I'd be adding digestible bone in the form of chicken wings today!! It will have the added bonus of firming up that poop.

No need to feed mince when she can mince her own bones!! She will benefit from the effort.

MyMolly

Are you in WA?????? The only reason I ask is you called the rolled food Polony :laugh:.

I feed my Newfy Pup Chicken Frames/wings/necks, chicken mince, eggs twice a week,

sardines twice a week and I also give him some nice meaty bones. I do give him

Pet mince but not a lot as he has a problem with east/west paws and I was told to cut his

protein down.

Edited by Raven

yes I am in WA.....dont all people call it polony?? :rofl:

ok well I will have to start changing her diet.....I feel quite bad I thought I was doing the right thing for her :D

lol - no, just us sandgropers :laugh: People over here call it "Devon", "Fritz" etc. Nutters :laugh:

My Dal did well on Advance large breed puppy plus a chicken wing for supper :) Even top quality foods may not suit individual dogs.....I've just taken Ziggy off Eagle Pack Holistic as his poos were less than ideal. Trying him on Artemis Adult at the moment, so we'll see how he goes ;)

I moved from WA to NSW and I'm trying to get use to calling it Devon,

should see the looks when I say Polony :laugh:

It's trial and error with diet for your fur baby but you

will get the combination right.

I feed my Newfy pup Optimum Puppy Dry food (his breeder fed him that)

every so often.

Which area are you in????? It would be great if you could find a good butcher

for all your needs. I think I'm spoilt here as bones, chicken frames are all a Gold Coin Donation

I normally put in $5 every time as it's going to a great cause.