Stinky Boy Puppies

FB Rescue_Adoption

I'm thinking it's something he'll grow out of but he is about to visit the Vet this weekend to be desexed so I'll make sure I ask him to give him a full check over to make sure it isn't his glands or anything else - I doubt it is his glands - once you've smelled the smell of them being expressed (our vet used to do it for our last dog when she was old and infirm) it's not a smell that is easily forgotton!!

Just wondering....

If the problem is smelly feet, what can you do about it? I noticed my pups feet may be starting to get a little 'sweaty' smelling (I noticed my hands had a mild odour after touching her paws pads)

Just dunk them in white vinegar ,just buy the cheapie stuff dilute & dunk feet. Dogs can also suffer from Tinea lick us because they lick & lick there feet that they stay so moist they pong.

Dogs cool from there feet thats why if ther hot they will stand in the water to cool

Interesting! Thanks I'll try this!

This is very weird, but I absolutely LOVE the smell of my animals' feet! *LOL* One of my cats has feet that smell like warm toast! I just try not to think of where he's been stepping (kitty litter) when I kiss them...

I never knew dogs got sweaty feet - now I know what 'that' smell is. I like it! *hehehehe*!

This is very weird, but I absolutely LOVE the smell of my animals' feet! *LOL*

Oh my God!!!!!!! There is really someone else out there like me!!!!!!!

I love the smell of my dogs feet too!!!!!!

You guys are nuts! :thumbsup:

Every time I look at Henschke's feet, I can't help but wonder how much poo he's walked in! :thumbsup:

You guys are nuts! :thumbsup:

Every time I look at Henschke's feet, I can't help but wonder how much poo he's walked in! :thumbsup:

*hehehehe* Yeah, that's why I try not to think of that when I have animal paws up my nose, or when I'm blowing raspberries on their paw pads! *LOL*

I have a stinky boy dog! He has been since he was a puppy..

I have to give him a bath weekly to fortnightly to keep his stinky boy smell under control.

It's probably not necessary to bath your dog that much but ours sleeps in our bed so anything less is a bit gross and I hate it when hes stinky and not clean.

His urine? Does he manage to pee on himself? He'd not be the first boy to do it on a regular basis. :)

Yeah... ours pees on himself, he really is quite disgusting. :love:

He will pee on his feet on a regular basis, then he will come inside and slurp his little feeties until hes satisfied they are clean from his urine!

I suppose I should be thankful that he at least tries to keep himself clean :love: Not to mention the little "gleet" stains he leaves on his white fur from his willy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Next dog= Girl dog

:) Me too, I also love the smell of my dogs feet :love::mad

• 4 weeks later...
My Stafford bitch Dolly's feet smell like Dorritos.

My American Cocker bitch Ali's feet smell like popcorn.

My Greyhound Fang's feet smell like peanut butter.

Nothing wrong with me whatsoever!! :laugh:

OMG my pugs feet smell like popcorn as well! dif breed but same smell lol. i always make everyone smell his feet. yes i am weird

It's not normal. Most male pups manage not to pee on themselves, even long coated and very fluffy boys, not on a regular basis anyway.

I've known two dogs who were both like this as puppies and they both continued to always smell like urine even though there was no evidence they were peeing on themselves as adults. One developed kidney stones at age 8, (rare Cystine stones) and the other one died at age 5 with acute kidney failure. Coincidence---maybe, but I'd be getting him checked by a vet.

If he is just careless and un-focused he will outgrow it as he gains the coordination to aim properly. If he doesn't, I'd be watching his kidney function on a regular basis throughout his life, even if your vet finds nothing wrong now.

It would be good if you could let us know the outcome. Best of luck!!!