Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hi South West Victorians,

I'm in Koroit, 20 mins from Warrnambool. Sorry for the delayed reply i don't venture outside the cav thread very offen.

Good luck in Hamilton, I hope to spectate on the Sunday.

Hi Hope you drop in from time to time to say hi, You obviously have Cavs, how many how old etc. DO you work around W'bool? Oh so many questions, geez Im a sticky beak!!

Hope all the show goers have a good time and the weather is a bit better than today!!

Did everyone see the front of the Standard today, god there are so jerks in this world!!

Edited by tlc

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Hope you drop in from time to time to say hi, You obviously have Cavs, how many how old etc. DO you work around W'bool? Oh so many questions, geez Im a sticky beak!!

Hope all the show goers have a good time and the weather is a bit better than today!!

Did everyone see the front of the Standard today, god there are so jerks in this world!!

Howdy, i don't mind the questions. :hug:

Yep i'm into Cavaliers, I'm a new registered kennel, registered in 2007. I've owned cavs for many years prior. I've got 2 girls, a blenheim and a black and tan. 10 months and 3years, Lele is our newest addition we only got her a few weeks ago and we are seeing how she settles in so far so good.

Don't work anymore, got two little kids 3yr old and a 10 month old. I did initially work at Westvic Employment in the New Apprentice Centre but only for 12 months, we moved here 4yrs ago from Horsham.

Weather is wild and wet. And with that said I'm debating going tomorrow to the event in Hamilton as it's going to be a mud pool. See what the morning brings, hopefully sunshine.

And that poor puppy on the front page on the Standard, my godness it broke my heart to think someone would scoop so low.

Howdy, i don't mind the questions. :)

Yep i'm into Cavaliers, I'm a new registered kennel, registered in 2007. I've owned cavs for many years prior. I've got 2 girls, a blenheim and a black and tan. 10 months and 3years, Lele is our newest addition we only got her a few weeks ago and we are seeing how she settles in so far so good.

Don't work anymore, got two little kids 3yr old and a 10 month old. I did initially work at Westvic Employment in the New Apprentice Centre but only for 12 months, we moved here 4yrs ago from Horsham.

Weather is wild and wet. And with that said I'm debating going tomorrow to the event in Hamilton as it's going to be a mud pool. See what the morning brings, hopefully sunshine.

And that poor puppy on the front page on the Standard, my godness it broke my heart to think someone would scoop so low.

Well sounds like you have a very busy life with kids and doggys, How old is Lele? I had to read your post twice, Your kids are the same age as your doggies :hug: so Lele is doggy number 3?

Your right about the weather it is terrible today. And those poor dogs on the standard I just dont understand some people, how absolutley cruel!!

Hi Cavalblaze,

Hope all is well since I last spoke to you and you got your puppy problems all sorted out.

Are you going to be showing the newest member of your family?????

Are you still going to Hamilton lol I was going to go today but it turned out way to wet (cose I am a sook LOL)

Are you going by yourself (with kids) or is Hubby going also.

let me know if you are going and you want a hand with the kids if I go I am happy to give you a hand (i will be leaving mine at home)

Cheers Janet

Hi Cavalblaze,

Hope all is well since I last spoke to you and you got your puppy problems all sorted out.

Are you going to be showing the newest member of your family?????

Are you still going to Hamilton lol I was going to go today but it turned out way to wet (cose I am a sook LOL)

Are you going by yourself (with kids) or is Hubby going also.

let me know if you are going and you want a hand with the kids if I go I am happy to give you a hand (i will be leaving mine at home)

Cheers Janet

G'day Janet haven't heard from you in ages. :hug:

Lele is 3yrs old and hasn't been shown. She was offered to me as a broad bitch and I greatfully accepted her with open arms. She has had 2 litters without any complications and is a terrific mother. :)

I debated the idea of putting her in the ring for experience but she isn't happy about having her teeth looked at nor has she been taught to walk on the lead. She is a stunning little cavalier and just loves cuddles and being held. Puppy situation hasn't changed, Velvet papers have never come through. Bugger as she had real potential. :)

tlc, It has never occurred to me that my dogs are the same age as the kids. And yes I'm flat out, but they all keep me busy and I love every minute of it. I don't show much, actually i've only had my dogs entered under a handler. I spectate and assist but overal i personally haven't stepped foot in the ring. Velvet was shown as a pup with papers pending VCA approval, she turned heads and placed well, but it all went pear shape due to stud contract dispute and it's been a real headache. I'm lefted with a lovely pet, but I don't have papers for her.

Next year under the guideance of a mentor I plan to have a litter and keep a puppy to show. (fingers cross)

Welcome to our thread Cavalblaze... Keep an eye out in here and come for a walk with us one time.

Good luck to all that are showing tomorrow....

Oh and TLC how horrible was the front page of the paper, can't believe people could actually do that to a dog...

Hopefully tomorrow is alot better then today, so we can go for a walk guys... Hey TLC if you go, text me coz I maynot be on here much tomorrow...

Hi Tanya, will do re:tomorow, will see what the weather is doing, but Ill definatley txt you at some point.

I was only just thinking today I hadnt seen you on for a couple of days.

Howdy,

Hamilton - mud pit, glad i wore my gumboots. Got to see a few friends and had a chin wag, cuddle with puppies. :laugh:

Weather held off till 11.30 and a light shower pondered above us so i went home.

I've got a favor to ask, If anyone is heading to a heart or eye specalist in the next few months can they possibly fit two cavs in? :D I'm happy to take them myself but if we can save a trip it would be great!

Sounds like the weekend show was a bit of a washout, what a pity.

JJ how did you go?? Did the girls do you proud again today?? When will you know if Amy is having pups??

We had a walk today in between showers actually I had 3, will add pics a bit later!!

Tez, Are you home from Melbourne yet? What was the weather like down there? Did you take Jane with you?

Hi all. Came home from Melb late last night as I decided to cut to visit short due to frail parents and not so frail dog. I thought it would be a good idea to visit with Jane but as she is at her most manic from about 6pm onwards, I left just after 7pm for home.

Went for a nice walk this afternoon with the Black Menace and FINALLY managed to remember to bring the camera. Just posted them on the photos thread if anyone interested!

Looking forward to show news and to walk piccies!!

:rasberry: Tez, you must have been posting here while I was posting after your photos!!

Tanya can you pm me your regular email address, I have some photos of a dog that is possibly needing to be rehomed and just thought you may be interested. I Would prefer to send you the pics and details through regular email, saves me having to upload the pics to PB.

How did we go today you ask?

Let's just say it's because of days like today that I had given showing away! :rasberry:

Firstly, I was drenched before I even left home from loading the dogs in the trailer,

It rained the whole way there,

I arrived to discover that group 3 were being judged after group 1 and I could have stayed in bed for another 2 hours,

It rained off and on all day and BUCKETED down for the vizsla judging,

The entire arena was thick, wet mud - hard enough to walk in let alone RUN!

The only other vizsla entered never showed up,

Tarni went in the ring and thought it was time for zoomies,

Then Tarni got BEATEN by her equally naughty brother (which I don't REALLY mind!)

Amy 'showed' as if she were cattle - quite happy to stand there looking depressed and refused to run!

Somehow, albeit the only other vizsla present, Amy was awarded the 'challenge' & Best Of Breed(6 points) but never got a look in for Group judging....

So, while the 6 points are welcome, God I had to earn them!!!

RE: confirming Amy being in whelp..... I can be quite certain that she is because she is being a total Bitch!!! :D

Otherwise, a good day!

:D JJ what a day!!

I guess every point counts although Im not up to par on all the show talk, but I do know you need x amount of points to be a champion!!

I reckon with the weather being crappy the dogs are not impressed I always notice at training that the dogs are not at thier best on cold windy or rainy days, but we still take them crazy dog people that we are. :D

I took the boys walking today, the girlies went with the OH to visit his mum, here is a few pics from the day.

IMG_6267.jpg

IMG_6270.jpg

IMG_6271.jpg

Miggy has another buddy in Bruno now, another good day for Miggy with her buddies, Well done Migs!!

IMG_6276.jpg

IMG_6278.jpg

I left one walk to go on another,

IMG_6281.jpg

The Sea was rough at Kilarney today, but we were lucky enough to have a good hour and a half with no rain.

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

I really liked the simpleness of this pic with the shadow, nothing special about it but I liked it.

IMG_6293.jpg

stopping for a rest

IMG_6296.jpg

Edited by tlc

everyone wants a treat!!

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

Came home then and got Tully and took her for a walk with RJ and Sniffy, the tracks down around garden street were so flooded you couldnt walk all the way through to Mortlake road without going up and around the big puddle of water on the path. By the way I never knew the path through there was off leash, but we left them on today cause mine would have been swimming otherwise!!

IMG_6305.jpg

Lil Sniffle

IMG_6315.jpg

and just one last one of my big lapdog after his bath before I dryed him :D

IMG_6325.jpg

Sorry J.J but I giggled all the way through reading your post...You are indeed a brave soul and probably 2 feet taller with all that mud on your shoes!

Naughty Tarni but you gotta admire her spirit...everyone looking so glum so she thought she would liven things up abit...bless her!

Enjoying the pics of your walk(s) Tlc...What a difference from the beach I took Jane to in Melb yesterday! You forget how wonderful the beaches are around here until you go to a bayside one!

*slinks in* :D

Just wanted to mention that me, my OH and our pooches will be travelling down the SE coast on the Friday of the October long weekend. We'll probably be stopping at Warrnambool for lunch and would love to meet up with any DOLers who wanted to meet up with me and my dogs. :D

Will be able to give more details when we've planned more.

Edited by Ravyk

Just wanted to mention that me, my OH and our pooches will be travelling down the SE coast on the Friday of the October long weekend. We'll probably be stopping at Warrnambool for lunch and would love to meet up with any DOLers who wanted to meet up with me and my dogs. :)

That would be great Ravyk, will definetly meet up for a doggy play date. Keep us posted...

Sorry J.J but I giggled all the way through reading your post...You are indeed a brave soul and probably 2 feet taller with all that mud on your shoes!

Naughty Tarni but you gotta admire her spirit...everyone looking so glum so she thought she would liven things up abit...bless her!

Enjoying the pics of your walk(s) Tlc...What a difference from the beach I took Jane to in Melb yesterday! You forget how wonderful the beaches are around here until you go to a bayside one!

Tez - I wish I could put such a positive spin on the day! :D

Once I was home, warm & dry the day didn't seem *quite* so bad! :)

Just wanted to mention that me, my OH and our pooches will be travelling down the SE coast on the Friday of the October long weekend. We'll probably be stopping at Warrnambool for lunch and would love to meet up with any DOLers who wanted to meet up with me and my dogs. :)

That would be great Ravyk, will definetly meet up for a doggy play date. Keep us posted...

Sounds Good! Keep us posted, Ravyk! :(