Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the weather held off for us today, was a beautiful day for Million Paws walk... Got to catch up with Mawson and also got to meet Tez, her daughter and lil Jane. Jane is soooo cute, takes me back to when Bruno was a small pup...

Bruno also won a prize, h.ise catagory was being the boss and taking over the couch, how true that is...

Well done Bruno!!! You great big winner!!!

It was good to meet Tim, Tanya and the lovely patient Bruno today. Turned out to be pretty good weather and the whole crowd was really well behaved at the million paws walk. I'm sure Jane thought all those dogs came out just to see her. She had a great time and it still thrills me having a dog that is sooo relaxed around others.

A definite for next year!

Hi all,

Sorry it has been a while since I posted, things are absolutely flat chat, I got a new job at the CFA office n Warrnambool so add that to the PhD and the RSPCA job and wildlife care and my life is absolutel CHAOS!!

Welcome Tez!! :laugh: How did I miss you at the MPW on Sunday?? I was the one that led off the walk with my boy Mawson, I guess I was pretty busy on the day but I wish I could have caught up with you ;)

Sorry I couldn't stay and chat longer T&T but it was nice to see you and Bruno and meet the other T.

How is Tys going Pandii?? Any luck with Cudgee?? Sorry I didn't come up to Albert on Weds, I was working until 5 and only noticed the message at about 6:30 :)

Tlc is having a good time away, got a txt from her today, she will be back next week and keen for a catch up I'm sure.

JJ, how is the hand raised pup going?? Hope all is going well.

Munchin, yeah, I saw that about the other 4 legged :rofl: . Good news!! Sorry to hear about your cheeky 4 legged going in the dam on cold wet days!! :eek:

Hi RJ and Tenties, hope to see you sometime soon....

Love to all and your pups :eek:

Hi All!

Mawson, unfortunately we lost the little puppy at day 8. They are 15 days old today. She was born early and was so small & weak her resp system was very underdeveloped and she developed an infection and died in her sleep.

It was very sad but at least her short little life was full of cuddles, warm milk & warm bed. Belle rejected her by the end of the first day (dogs seem to know if one's not going to survive) so at least it was better than her dieing cold and alone. She spent her days wrapped in her 'blanky' down my wifes clothes and was happy and content to the end.

The others are all doing well though.

For anyone interested, my wife tells me that the Salvos op-shop on Lava St have two quality dog guards for sale at $20 each. One to suit a Commodore wgn and the other for a Falcon wgn. Apparently have all fittings too, so if you can use one - this is an absolute bargain!

Hope to catch up with some of you soon. Still busy times ATM! :)

Hi everyone...Looks like a top weekend weather wise!!!

Mawson, sorry we didnt say hello on the Million Paws walk...Tim and Tanya pointed you out to me but I think shyness got the better of me....If only I had Janes confidence!!!!

We are in quarentine at the moment as Jane has Kennal cough. We went to puppy school on Tuesday and I noticed she was occasionally coughing like she had something caught in her throat. That night she was doing the hacking cough thing every 10 minutes or so and I was very close to calling the vets as I was sure she had something caught in her throat...very very worried! The only thing stopping me was that she was still very active and her gums were a good colour but it turned into a sleepless night for both of us.

Took her to the vets the next morning and was pretty relieved to find out it was kennal cough but felt really guilty incase we passed it on to the other puppies at puppy school. When I rang them they were none too pleased!

I was looking forward to going to Brierly this week. I rang Patricia and it sounds like the place for us but we have to wait 2 weeks now!

And for the life of me, I cant seem to post bloody photos which is frustrating the hell out of me...we only have about a million!!!

Very very sorry to hear about the poor little puppy but thankful that her short life had so much love!

Hi Guys, Just a short note to say hi to you all. Welcome Tez, hope to meet you soon. I am just home from my holiday we had a ball and are all exhausted.

JJ sorry to hear about the puppy so sad but as you said a short life but loved just the same till the end....RIP little puppy!!

RJ, how did your show go today I was thinking of you!!

I am available for a catch up any time this week, tomorrow I am clipping which will take me the majority of the day I think as my lot are all wooly and need a good hair cut as they have been roughing it for the last two weeks. I will post some photos tomorrow if anyone is interested. When I do it Ill put a link here.

Tez, have you tried using photo bucket for your photo uploads then you just copy and paste the bottom link into here for us to see the photo. It is free to sign up to photo bucket, just google to find it. All my files are massive so I just export from picassa and it automatically reduces the size. Good luck would love to see your girl.

By the way the Million paws walk in Sale was pathetic to say the least, but I guess for a small town it was to be expected and the last couple of years Ive done it in Melbourne and there is just no comparison. We are going to melbourne next year for sure!!

Edited to add, I forgot to say that the Besty friends holiday retreat was awesome!! But it rained the whole time we were there which was dissapointing, but we all put our coats on and made the most of it anyway, the dogs had a ball!! I would definatly recommend it!!

Edited by tlc

Guest Pandii

Hi TLC good to see you home

RJ and Tenties, how did you go at the show??

I can do a meet this week just not monday or tuesday

Heres a couple of pics of the pups at 17 days. And one of 'Boobs Belle' who most of you have met... :champagne:

post-14146-1243164676_thumb.jpgpost-14146-1243164607_thumb.jpgpost-14146-1243164720_thumb.jpg

PS - I think RJ might have some news to share...... ?

Edited by jerojath

Oh JJ, those pups look so cute!! Did you see in Saturdays standard the HV's for sale?? Belle looks like she would be a great mummy with all that Milk!!

Tanya, did you end up going to Brierly training on Sunday??

Oh JJ, those pups look so cute!! Did you see in Saturdays standard the HV's for sale?? Belle looks like she would be a great mummy with all that Milk!!

Hey TLC, had session with Trish yesterday. We will be there at 10 next Sunday...

Thanks tlc, and yes I saw those vizslas in the paper - have been on the internet for some time too...

They are being sold unregistered (no 'papers') as the sire was sold to this 'breeder' on contract that he not be used for breeding! The Vizsla Club is NOT happy.

Hi all, Hope you and your furkids are all well

Yes Boof and I had our first show yesterday and all went well :laugh::):eek:

Boof managed to get RESERVE DOG CHALLENGE wow how good is that :rofl::)

So I am obviously stoked for his first show :eek::)

A huge thanks to Tenties for all her help :eek::)Who has some news of here own :):)

And to Spikespuppy for ALL she did.

Cant wait till our next show NOW :cheer::):clap::)

Hope to catch up soon with you all.

Jerojath I cant wait for puppy cuddles and sorry to hear about little custard :):(

TLC hope you holiday was great (you lucky thing)

Cheers Janet

Edited by Riley James

Well done to you RJ and of course Boof, I know nothing about dog shows, what does Reserve dog challenge actually mean??

Pandii, I must have missed the bit about Cudgee, sorry to hear you missed out, you be very dissapointed!!

JJ, I can understand about the Vizsla Club not being impressed!!

Tanya, I will be at training on Sunday so I will see you then.

Heres a couple of pics of the pups at 17 days. And one of 'Boobs Belle' who most of you have met... :)

post-14146-1243164676_thumb.jpgpost-14146-1243164607_thumb.jpgpost-14146-1243164720_thumb.jpg

PS - I think RJ might have some news to share...... ?

I just love these pups, the pic with 3 dogs is cute.. I like the lil fatty bomba in that pic...

Tim & Tanya - I like the fat one too...

He's off to Perth as a Show Dog. He's a real character too. :) His Name is Hudson, or "Jerojath Tangambalanga".

Edited by jerojath