Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

My lot are all C5 vaccinated, I have read up and know about all the studies done about not vaccinating every year but I just can't bring myself not to do it.

Funny though my old cat Holly is 18 (19 this year) and she has never had one vaccination in her life. She has only ever been to the vets twice once for desexing and the second time only just a few months back for a check up and she is in good health!!

JJ with only vaccinating every second year if you needed to put the dogs into a kennel in between would you have to have the titre testing done? I guess it means for the first year after the Vacc you would be covered, it would only be the second year you would have to worry about??

Tanya, hows your knee now? are you off the crutches yet?

Tenties, do you have a moving date yet??

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tlc - Yes you're right. Boarding the dogs without a vaccination card is an issue, and I don't think a titre test would cut the mustard for most kennel operators.

However, I would rarely need to board the dogs as when we go away it is usually camping and all the girls come along.

I did have to board them when we returned to Warrnambool a couple of years ago as we had to build the kennels/pens whatever before we could bring the dogs home, and I had to have them vaccinated again at that time. I guess due to some unforeseen circumstances they would have to be done annually, but thems the breaks!

I guess the trouble with not Vaccinating every year is there is a lot of things you can't do. Say for instance to going to Kepala they need the dogs to be vaccinated. Also like Jess said obedience schools and kennels. We have also been to another indoor dog facitlity in Melb that requires proof of vaccination. So for me I suppose it is just easier to do it each year and be done with it.

On another note, my friend said today that the parvo outbreak has been on the radio.

Has anyone been to kilarney latley? We went out today and it wasn't real nice, lots of seaweed, the sea really rough and we even saw a dead penguin. :laugh:

Kepala is one of the few places that will accept titres :laugh: If I ever need to kennel my guys that's where they'll be going.

Clubs can be harder to convince. A friend pulled some strings at my current club which got me through until the committee finally approved it. :rofl: Zee won't be due for her 12 month booster if I decide to do a agility foundation block with her at Wbool at the next intake so it won't matter there either.

Which part of Killarney did you go to tlc? I was thinking of heading down tomorrow given the weather forecast but I go to the road that takes you to Kelly Swamp right down one end. The first beach is sometimes piled with seaweed yet the next section is usually really clean.

Last time I was down there was about a month or so ago - there were quite a few dead birds and a dead bull seal. It was huge! Have come across a few penguins as well, strange that in the last few months there has been so much dead sea life down there - more than I can remember seeing. :rofl::thumbsup:

We usually go to the boat ramp and then go east of the main beach. usually it is great we have been going once a week most of summer but haven't been for the last month so I really got a shock today. We started steering clear of the other end as Parks Vic started to do the 1080 down that way and I was petrified that one of mine would find it. :laugh:

I wonder if you would only need titre results for kepala if you were just using the play area of the place? We went a couple of times last year and they asked for vaccs.

Has anyone ever been to dog zone in Richmond??

I've been to Kepala probably half a dozen times and have never been asked for a vaccination card, but I only ever go with a mate who instructs there. She knows my dogs are tested or vaccinated as we train at the same club.

1080 is bloody evil stuff, should be banned!! :laugh: I'm amazed that there hasn't been any reports of poisoning down there, or maybe there has and it's not hit the Standard.

Hi everyone! Some lovely weather forecast for this weekend so I hope everyone enjoys it! Great weather for moving, Tenties!

Jess...how is Zee going with her UTI! Have you got the results back yet from her culture?

Hi everyone! Some lovely weather forecast for this weekend so I hope everyone enjoys it! Great weather for moving, Tenties!

Jess...how is Zee going with her UTI! Have you got the results back yet from her culture?

Tlc...Did you try teaching your guys to dribble a basketball...if so, how did they go??

Hi tez, thanks for thinking of her :thumbsup: Finally got them back Wednesday arvo. No growth so no answers. :rofl:

She's managed to get back to making it through the night in the last few nights, but she's been able to hold her bladder all night since she was 9.5 weeks old so there was something going on. But no mistakes in the house and none in the car either so fingers crossed the cranberry and aloe vera juice is knocking whatever it is. :laugh: Mentioned the cranberry to the vet who had no idea what I was on about and wasn't overly interested.

The weather looks fantastic - so good to get it on a weekend to boot!! :rofl: My dogs don't know it yet but as part of their beach run tomorrow they are also getting a bath at True Blue on the way home....shhhhh!!! :thumbsup: You don't realise how dirty they get until you get a dog with white bits! :thumbsup:

Ah the white bits :laugh: try having all white :rofl: Jess did you ever see my thread a while back titled " a very crappy day" Do you do the two of yours together in the dog wash?

Parks Vic told me that they now put the 1080 in large blocks of fat so it is less likely to get carried away by the bird and dropped for dogs and other wild life to take. They may have stopped it now but there was a program that ran for a while and they had signs up it was all the way from the end of basin track in to levys beach.

Tez, I haven't had a chance to do any training this week with work the first part of the week then the last couple of days getting ready to go away and I still havent packed a stitch of clothing, :rofl: but the ball rolling is so cool and Im sure my lot will love it. I was actually really wrapped with them all today at the beach, the three younger ones all at different times went to chase the birds and I called them back and they all perfectly recalled without a hint of bucking the system, So I thought that was pretty good. :thumbsup:

Edited by tlc

Well. now that i'm breathing easier, i will tell you all that the house is about 6 ks on the other side of Terang, just before Mc kinnon bridge road next to the big red barn on the bend ......

will be in on the 29th as ryans take 2 weeks to deliver and get this , they want their delivery money up front :heart: , over $600 ...... pity they wouldnt get their bums into gear and get my car fixed ????maybe i should do the same to them ??f.....g mongrels oh well now you can all call in on the way to geelong or melbourne ???we promise we will not bite , maybe bark a bit but not bite ok ??

Well. now that i'm breathing easier, i will tell you all that the house is about 6 ks on the other side of Terang, just before Mc kinnon bridge road next to the big red barn on the bend ......

will be in on the 29th as ryans take 2 weeks to deliver and get this , they want their delivery money up front :heart: , over $600 ...... pity they wouldnt get their bums into gear and get my car fixed ????maybe i should do the same to them ??f.....g mongrels oh well now you can all call in on the way to geelong or melbourne ???we promise we will not bite , maybe bark a bit but not bite ok ??

Great stuff, Tenties!!!

But, have you tried Currans Removals at Alansford?

I have moved around these parts numerous times and they beat Ryans on price every time.

They do a great job and I've never had to pay them before the job was done.

Hey do any of you Guys have PhotoShop or similar and could work a couple of pics for me?

Alternatively, can someone tell me about the software? Can it be downloaded or does it have to be purchased? Easy to use? Anything better than PhotoShop available?

:laugh:

Guest Pandii

I am sure tlc will tell you what she has and uses and loves

But I think to ge the best answers head to the photo section of the forum

Altenatively, bring your photos around here tuesday night and Kate will do them for you , shes in melbourne for a couple of days

OR you can go tot he adobe website and download trial versions or full versions of things like LIGHTROOM + instruction manuals on how to use them

Or if its basic, Dyl could do it for you too, both him and kate have all the school software for editing photos but I am not sure what they are

Cheers, I might just do that. Thanks.

I found photoshop.com and created an account, but found the editing capabilities to be very basic.

I need to add an entirely new background to a couple of pics but can't find a way to do it.

Will pop in to the photo thread later.....

Guest Pandii

You need to be able to do layers to get an effective new background

Kate is home late monday night so if you get really stick come over straight after school tuesday and she will do them for you