Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hey Shannon,

Nice write up in the paper... Not sure about Bruno he's not so good with scooters and bikes etc... But would love to do...

Yep leg all good, just trying to get rid of limp now...

Hey guys let me know when you are catchin up for play, we will come....

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Shannon,

Nice write up in the paper... Not sure about Bruno he's not so good with scooters and bikes etc... But would love to do...

Yep leg all good, just trying to get rid of limp now...

Hey guys let me know when you are catchin up for play, we will come....

Hi Tanya, I wish I had of read this earlier, we have just been up to Albert park. There were lots of horses up there today but I think my lot are getting used to them now as we have seen them a lot. We have been having a walk most Sundays after training latley, so you might like to join us then. Glad your legs getting better, You would have been glad to get rid of the crutches.

Cavalblaze thats fantastic WOOHOOO

Keep us updated on how its all going please.

Cheers Janet

Thanks everyone, will keep you all updated. This is my first time whelping on my own, already up half the night worring :confused:

Sorry, forgot to meantion due first week in June. 2ND-5TH June, all colours expected (tri, blenheim, ruby, blk/tan) as I mated her with my black and tan boy. Good pet homes lined up for them so hopefully we have a trouble free whelping. Lele has had puppies with her previous owner without any complications. I've got my mentors number and several breeders on speed dial plus the vet just in case.

Thanks Jess.

:cry: Instead of crossing your fingers, do you reckon you could do me a favour and cross ALL your body bits for her next season? :eek: :p

Done! I hope it helps :D

Zee did brilliantly at the vets, poor little bugger is terrified at this vets for some reason and yet loves it at Highton. She was only ever chipped and vacc'd at this vets as she was desexed at a different vets. Anyway she was so scared she was shaking from the moment we went to walk in the door but she was still incredibly well behaved, thankfully everything on her U/S was clear. Her belly must be soo itchy though. :o Dr Kim gave her a check over and said she had a few minor issues that could be related but nothing that couldn't be fixed. Looks like whatever it was has disappeared as she's had no more accidents - touch wood!!

Shannon I'm interested with Darcy but I'm not often around - but please keep me posted. :D

tlc can you please let your friend know I've not forgotten about her :laugh: It's just crazy busy lately and even more so now DLS has gone. :D May has trials all the way through but June is a total agility trial drought, if there is any reasonable weather on a weekend then I'll be up for it.

Edited by Jess.

Hi Jess, Glad Zee is feeling much better!

With Laura I will definatley pass it on but I'm guessing She wont be up for it for a long while now as her baby is due around mid June. She also has the new pup now (that was him in the earlier photos)

Jess with the Delta stuff, even if you get your guys assessed when the time comes, and you never know maybe a facility would become interested around your area and it would be easier to go to if it was close. Thats what originally put me off getting my girls assessed before now as I would have had to travel to Geelong to do visits and it just wasn't feesible for me to do. The next assessment will be sometime in the next 6 months and initially it is an appointment for the dogs which doesn't take long then the following week after that it is the handlers training day which goes for most of the day. Shan has all the info she can email you and then you will have it all so you can have a read and see whats involved.

The Delta info sounds good...maybe not so much for Jane though. Nice dog that she is, her ability to jump up and biff people under the chin just as they are bending down to pat her may mean she wouldn't be suitable. However if we were to get a somewhat smaller and maybe calmer dog in the future it may be a great thing to participate in. How would it work with us full-time workers though?

Tez, I think you can basically donate as little or as much of your time as you want to. Obviously if you decide to do it, they do like some level of commitment to a point but it depends how willing you would be to put in the time. I could be as little as say one visit a week for maybe an hour. So I guess it just depends if you want to put in that amount of time. Shannon knows the ins and outs but I think the organisation like the facilitys to have regular visits. With not havng any facitlities here yet it is hard to tell what they will expect. But I know there is guide lines Delta stick to with regards to visits. I guess it would be hard for full time workers like yourself to commit to an amount of time cause you don't get a lot of spare time with other everyday things you need to do in your down time!! In a perfect world I wish all my doggy friends only worked part time :provoke: actually in a perfect world I wish all my doggy friends and me didn't have to work at all :wave: How awesome would that be!!

No not this year, I have 3 days off instead!! YAY....

I actually got two corporate invites this year, one from Dulux and Both Sean and I from his work. Its typical though if we wanted to go we probly wouldn't have got any :) I loved the races years ago and went a lot when I lived in Melb but can't really be bothered now!

We don't get the holiday here but I'm taking Darcy for her usual sports check up (couldn't get her in at the same time as Zee unfortunately) so will be in Geelong in the morning as well. Dogs will be happy - I can stock up on pigs ears while I'm there :)

Sounds like half of W'bool is going to be out of town tomorow :)

hey Jess, do you get your pigs ears from Best friends, I always stock up there as they are cheap with my discount card although the last time I was there they had gone up a little bit.

Yep, Best Friends is great for pigs ears - $1.29 each which is way cheaper than anywhere else. I shouldn't go in pet stores though - spent way too much money on some new beds. :thumbsup: A friend tells me she'll take me on a tour of the really good pet stores in Melbourne but I'm quite capable of blowing money without being led astray in Melbourne's pet stores. ;)

I think Best Friends is Geelongs best pet store - I was there today too! While it appears very 'commercial', they keep the place spotless and their animal husbandry standards are wonderful. They have plenty of staff and most seem quite knowledgeable. They have an on-site Veterinary Clinic & Grooming Salon too. I have been told (by someone in the industry) that they clean all animal displays (besides fish) EVERY hour! They always have something interesting to see too.... today thay had some Mudskippers which were great fun to watch!

There are some great stores in Melbourne - think I've been to all the really good ones.

I love visiting Aquarium stores too - Bayswater Aquarium is great in Melbourne as is nearby Boronia Aquarium.

Today I went to an amphibian breeder today and came home with seven beautiful Southern Brown Tree Frogs.

They have settled in well tonight and are busy exploring their new home and searching for crickets....

Tenties - went by your place today... at least I'm sure it was your car at a house West of Mckinnon Bridge. Looks Great! Hope your settling in ok.

Edited to add - The guy that owns Best Friends used to work for Pet Goods Direct when it was in its infancy, as an advisor etc.

I'm told that the owner of Pet Goods Direct thought all his ideas were stupid and that they'd never work, so this guy quit and opened up Best Friends just around the corner from Pet Goods Direct! I'm glad he did. :thumbsup:

Edited by jerojath

Guest Pandii

Your froggies sound great JJ, will have to come and see them

Cant say I know of the pet stores you are talking about, I dont use any but the one in Fairy street

Best friends is my favorite shop in Geelong, actually I am a self confessed pet shop addict :cry: like you Jess I can spend some serious money in these places. My OH always raves that the dogs have everything and I have nothing and my clothes are rags :mad and it is mostly true, my lot have a better wardrobe than I do. :o Best friends usually has some great bargains too, I have got collars, doggy life jackets, jackets and other stuff less than half price on occasion.

JJ you will be lulled off to sleep by the sounds of frogs, oh presuming they are frogs that make noise, :mad I don't know much about frogs only a bit I have picked up from RJ, hers are just beautiful so green and froggy just like kermit!!