Dog Toys - For Heavy Duty Chewers

Fozzie

I have an eight month old labrador who is going through his teenage phase and chewing like crazy. I was wondering if fellow DOLers could suggest some heavy duty toys I can buy for him to play with that won't be destroyed within 24 hours. I bought a Kong frisbee for him to play with and that was chewed into tiny pieces within 24 hours. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tuffie toys are pretty good.

Daisy eats everything I give her eventually (destroyed a cuz toy in minutes) but the tuffie toys take her a couple of months to chew and she loves them to death. www.dogtoys.com.au (doler) sells them.

Also I get the enduro balls from www.vetproductsdirect.com.au and they're also quite long lasting.

THere are a few threads on heavy duty toys so do a search to get some more ideas.

Marrow bones are the best! Keeps my two puppies (1 year old Koolie and 9 month old Border Collie) satisfied indefinately, they can't destroy them at all and will chew on them for weeks (I usually replace them every couple of weeks). Keeps their teeth beautifully clean too. They're cheap too, usually $2- $5 from your local butcher.

Tuffie toys are pretty good.

Daisy eats everything I give her eventually (destroyed a cuz toy in minutes) but the tuffie toys take her a couple of months to chew and she loves them to death. www.dogtoys.com.au (doler) sells them.

Also I get the enduro balls from www.vetproductsdirect.com.au and they're also quite long lasting.

THere are a few threads on heavy duty toys so do a search to get some more ideas.

That's funny my ridgie destroyed the tuffie toys up to a 9, but the cuz balls are still in one piece. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your responses. I have ordered some of the Tuffie Toys and will see how my pup goes with those. Unfortunately I also have an older Lab who is very food possessive so using bones or Kongs as a chewing alternative is not an option.

What are Buddy Bones? I haven't heard of them - are they treats or similar to Nylabones?

Thanks for your responses. I have ordered some of the Tuffie Toys and will see how my pup goes with those. Unfortunately I also have an older Lab who is very food possessive so using bones or Kongs as a chewing alternative is not an option.

What are Buddy Bones? I haven't heard of them - are they treats or similar to Nylabones?

Hi Fozzie... got one of the busy buddy bouncy bones and must say it's been a winner with my cocker... However if your other lab is food possessive it might not work for you as these have little rawhide inserts (that are hard to get to and require the dog to chew on the nylabone bits for a long time)

Dogs will find these dog toys easy to handle and tough. Provides entertainment for dogs. Designed to keep pets busy with good things to chew. Helps redirect potentially destructive chewing behaviour into positive playtime.

The Bouncy Bone is a 3 in 1 toy, nylon bone, rubber ball & treats! The chewing experience lasts 10 times longer than rawhide alone. The Bouncy Bone™ is a durable nylon chew toy that that is loved by all dogs. The rubber ball in the center of the toy adds another layer of chewing fun. It’s a must-have for any dog! Available in 3 sizes small, medium and large. Replacement ring treats coming soon, but note it does come with 4 additional replacement treat rings.

post-24842-1234841460_thumb.jpg