Im Fully Spewing !

rish

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly got it !.

1st my keyboard is playing up,so im typing as best i can,2nd im not the greatest speller,3rd i will try to not text talk,4th i tend to type as i speak,sorry

Kreepy has had a sore foot for over 1 mth,when she had her needle the vet also looked and coudn't find anything wrong with it,Kreeepy was limping ect.

On this vist 1 mth later ,while getting desexed they were going to have a really good look while she was asleep,as nobody could see or find anything,they said they may need to cut her to have alook around,but i said no i cant afford that.

When we picked her up,they said she had dermitise on her feet (friday) and her feet were redraw.

Today (Monday) i was rubbing cream into her feet as i have every day and i went up under the pad part of her nails,and there was a burr.

I have sice rung the vet,3 people looked and it was put in her notes that she was still limping after the operation,she isn't limping at all now that i have the burr.

Hope u can understand this post

My translation is:

Kreepy had a sore foot, the vet told you it was dermatitis and asked why couldn't you see that it is red and raw, and this annoyed you because it looks black to you.

Vet wanted to cut the foot open but you said no because you couldn't afford it, and you later found a burr stuck under one nail, and assume that this is in fact cause of sore foot and are now going to tell off the vet.

Am I understanding?

Why on earth would the vet want to cut the foot open even if it is dermatitis? That doesn't sound right to me!

Concerning the disprin,i also asked about that,they said she had taken a human doasage and that it was harmful and she needed to be pumped,they are certanally there

Why on earth would the vet want to cut the foot open even if it is dermatitis? That doesn't sound right to me!

I am starting to think this vet is fictional. Seems the same vet pumped the dogs stomach after he ate one aspirin tablet yesterday :)

Rish, rather than giving us a detailed description of how you are feeling in the topic title, perhaps you could be a little more specific and refer to the subject of the post/question/rant etc???

Edited by Troy
Vet details removed

Th red foot is ment to be dermatitze.

She was limping ,she limped all the time,rubbing the cream may have loosened it and moved it down ,now that it is out,there is no limp at all-----so it had to be the burr.

How do you know the burr has been there a month?

It could be completely unrelated to the red raw foot.

Thanks for clarifying :)

I'm not sure why people are surprised the vet pumped your dogs stomach, Saki's emergency vet has calculation charts for things that can be fatal for dogs - depends on the amount eaten and the size of the dog, but if sufficient they'll certainly pump the stomach. Is this not normal?

Fair enough you are just having a vent - fairly obvious you are from the thread title - don't worry, everyone who joins DOL experiences through a baptism of fire it seems :laugh: x

I'm not sure why people are surprised the vet pumped your dogs stomach, Saki's emergency vet has calculation charts for things that can be fatal for dogs - depends on the amount eaten and the size of the dog, but if sufficient they'll certainly pump the stomach. Is this not normal?

Fair enough you are just having a vent - fairly obvious you are from the thread title - don't worry, everyone who joins DOL experiences through a baptism of fire it seems :) x

If you have been able to make head or tail out these posts, well good on you. To the rest of us they are rambling, repetitive, illogical, illegible and nonsensical. Asking questions to try and understand what the hell this person is on about does not qualify as a "baptism of fire"

Quite frankly, I am surprised people did not start calling out the "T" word long ago.

Aspirin is a drug that is used to treat dogs. Therefore for us to conclude that the vet was possibly indulging in some overkill to pump the stomach when one tablet was swallowed, is a perfectly normal response on our part.

Ahhh, see now I understand the reaction to the asprin thing, thanks to you for clarifying also :)

Nothing wrong with asking questions, but also nothing wrong with being polite and kind to someone who was clearly expecting sympathy and instead got cynicism.

Yes her posts are difficult to follow, but that doesn't necessarily prove her to be a liar or a troll.

If "all of the rest of you" all have the same opinion of this particular poster and/or style of communicating, go for it, doesn't worry me. However it doesn't mean I'll necessarily join the bandwagon personally :laugh: x

Nothing wrong with asking questions, but also nothing wrong with being polite and kind to someone who was clearly expecting sympathy and instead got cynicism.

Yes her posts are difficult to follow, but that doesn't necessarily prove her to be a liar or a troll.

If "all of the rest of you" all have the same opinion of this particular poster and/or style of communicating, go for it, doesn't worry me. However it doesn't mean I'll necessarily join the bandwagon personally :laugh: x

:) Spare me. Nobody has suggested they are a liar or a troll. People have just trying to make sense of the posts they have made.

Join what bandwagon? Do whatever you like. Doesn't worry me, perhaps you will let us try and get back on topic now, whatever that topic may be, as I am still not sure.

I'm still at a loss to understand too how the OP could possibly miss dermatitis just because the foot is black? Surely there would have been licking and/or moisture or odour or some other indicator?

And I'm still wondering why it is the vet's fault that the foreign object wasn't found before now, especially when they obviously WANTED to do an exploratory but the OP refused. Chances are it could have been found VERY easily and without any extra expense given that the OP found it without surgical intervention themselves.

Sorry to the OP...but I'd have to agree with some of the other posts here.

Unless the burr was somehow buried under the skin (possible but highly unlikely) and took a month to work its way out (again possible, but not likely), then to my mind, it is up to the OWNER to have a feel in and around the entire pad of the foot, between all the toes etc, and not the vet. After all, it's your precious dog :thumbsup:

A dog with a burr in its foot pad would have been chewing, licking, biting at the offending paw. It is possible to search the pad of even the hairiest dog for offending burrs etc. (By burr, do you mean those little round, spikey balls? I can't see how a vet could miss this. A simple probe with a finger should find it. If you're talking about a different type of prickle or grass seed, maybe it'll make more sense as to why it was missed!)

However, as said by other posters - if your dog has dematitis on ALL feet...a burr on ONE foot wouldn't explain the irritation on all feet. It's possible your dog has a contact allergy to your grass - which might ALSO contain the offending burrs. It's more likely that the dog is reacting to the grass...and coincidentally also got a burr in the pad in the last day or so.

I must say i am a bit :thumbsup: confused.

You say the feet are black? Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a Maltese we are talking about?

If so then i would have thought the skin between the pads would be pink as she is a white dog. So if they are black then would that not suggest there is some sort of irritation and the dog has being licking the feet causing them to appear black.

I am concerned this has being going on for a month without you having noticing it.