Sandy

shaw0090

This has taken me just under a week to even be able to come back to this site.

Last Wednesday, at approximately 5.30 pm, Sandy, my Jimmer Man, my Pooter, was PTS.

Her kidneys were failing and it was just too much for her.

I regret letting her get so bad as she did. After 16.5 years together, and having had her since I was ten, I just couldn't imagine how I was supposed to manage without her. It turns out that I'm not.

That day broke me. My dad had to take her off me, because I was literally hysterical. I couldn't go with her, because I was hyperventilating into a paper bag.

I miss her so desperately that I can't believe it.

I miss the sound of her little feet on our floor. Her snoring, which usually meant the TV had to be blaring. I miss her little nose that used to stick out from whatever she was sleeping under or behind. I miss her little face.

I can't look at her photos yet, because it's killing me.

I'm telling myself she had a good last day. She was very, very ill, but still happy enough to eat (the anti-seizure medication made her ravenous). She had a cheeseburger and chicken nuggets from McDonalds, a roll of liverwurst, and some tins of her favourite tinned foods.

I miss her so much. I cannot fathom how much.

It's only when you sit and write something like this that you realise that words really aren't enough.

My Jimmer Man, my Pooter, my Jim, my Oona, my Binky Bum, my Crazy Old Bastard, my Stinky Monkey, My Hairy Piggy, and all the other nicknames, is gone.

And so is a major part of me.

Thanks to those of you who read this. I appreciate the opportunity to express my sorrow to those who would have an idea of what I'm going through.

Thank you so very much everyone.

I'm still gutted, but her little face is too special to not share.

Part of why it was such a difficult decision is her toughness. She had a stroke in 2004, and the vet was not hopeful at all.

My Jimmer Man kept on going. I think mostly, she fought on for food. In her last week she put on 1KG! :cool: The anti-seizure medication gave her a hell of an appetite.

GimmeJimmy.jpg

Jim.jpg

About a month ago:

Sandy2.jpg

So sorry for your loss of your beautiful Sandy :) :) and I know you are so heartbroken to lose your loving and devoted companion and friend of over 16 years :love: . She lived a great long life and has left you with such cherished, lifelong memories and will be forever in your heart :( Time will heal the pain of your loss, but never remove the memories of your Sandy :) as they will be forever etched into your heart and mind. RIP Sandy :laugh: