Advance / Optimum

there must be some difference though

My female golden retreiver thrives on Advance yet feeding her Optimum gives her itches, ear infections and hot spots :laugh:

I don't mind Optimum though, the boys do okay on it.

I have been using Advance dry food and Sash is doing really well and actually eats it and seems to enjoy it.

I've only ever used Optimum canned food, in emergencies when I've run out of chicken etc and it seems to be the best brand to buy in the supermarket (in my opinion). Sasha actually LOVES the canned food and gobbles it up - although she's only had it once or twice.

It got me thinking - if they are made by the same company and have the same ingredients but Optimum is cheaper, why pay so much extra for Advance?

I can only think it has something to do with the source and quality of the ingredients.

I think I will always stick with Advance though as Sash is going well on it. Don't want to change it as she has such a delicate tummy :laugh:

Optimum is made by the same company (Advance).

It is for want of better description their supermarket line to compete with the other higher supermarket lines (Proplan etc)

I have used it in the past when I could get the 20kg bags of it. But then it went under a different name. I believe it was not as popular, so they did a name change to Optimum a few years back.

Yes I agree LeeJane, my girl also is a fussy eater - especially with dry food but she will eat Advance (although not as happily as the fresh meat LOL). She also likes Eukanuba as well.

I know it is a super premium, but i want to make sure that what I'm feeding her is excellent quality.

from memory (correct me if i am wrong) but i think Advance, Pal, Optimum in the dog range are all from the same company?

They are....

Pal - base grade

Optimum - Medium grade

Advance - high grade

I am still trying to think what Optimum was called before that name.

Thats It.. Pedigree Principle.

from memory (correct me if i am wrong) but i think Advance, Pal, Optimum in the dog range are all from the same company?

They are....

Pal - base grade

Optimum - Medium grade

Advance - high grade

I am still trying to think what Optimum was called before that name.

Thats It.. Pedigree Principle.

I thought that would be the case. Thank you!