Raw Meaty Bones.

felix

My dog would eat only chicken bones, like frames. When I give him any other bones he simply plays with them gnaw a bit, but wouldn't eat them. Very rarely he would actually east beef brisket bones, all other never.

He also gets mince, fish, yoghurt, some small amount of veggies, sometimes fruit, but he is not really crazy about it.

The questions is, are chicken bones enough for the raw meaty bones concept? I can't make him to it other bones, what else can I do?

if he doesnt like eating raw then why dont you give him a bit of high quality dry food, and let him have the chicken carcasses as teeth cleaners?

not every dog will accept or do well on a raw diet. My lot will scoff anything but they hold weight better on dry food.

if he doesnt like eating raw then why dont you give him a bit of high quality dry food, and let him have the chicken carcasses as teeth cleaners?

not every dog will accept or do well on a raw diet. My lot will scoff anything but they hold weight better on dry food.

He does like raw meat and all other stuff, he just doesn't like other bones than chicken. And he actually hates dry food. At the beginning, I tried just what you suggested, combination of raw and dry and he wouldn't touch dry for days.

He is not a big eater, which is new to me. My previous dog was Airedale terrier, and she would eat greasy blanket if there was one near. :o

Have you tried bones other than beef brisket? Perhaps the bone is too hard to eat so he doesn't try - I know my BCs can't eat beef ribs.

I tried pretty much all of them. I think you may be right with bones being too hard. Aren't poodles what they called soft mouthed dogs?

What about lamb flaps?

How long are you actually leaving him with the bone?

Well, after he eats the meaty part and leaves the bone, I would leave it for an hour or two and after that I would remove it because it's hot here and I don't want to attract flies and other pests. Pretty soon he started to hide them so I can't find them. I know they are not eaten because they show up after few days or even weeks smelling you can imagine how bad here in the tropics.

Well, after he eats the meaty part and leaves the bone, I would leave it for an hour or two and after that I would remove it because it's hot here and I don't want to attract flies and other pests. Pretty soon he started to hide them so I can't find them. I know they are not eaten because they show up after few days or even weeks smelling you can imagine how bad here in the tropics.

If this is the case the bones are too hard ... as others have said, lamb flaps and lamb necks :laugh:

I tried lamb flaps, but my little sook couldn't chew up the bones :thumbsup:

I get lamb neck chops instead - cut them in half for his little mouth to handle, but they get completely chewed up. Then he comes up to us to tell us its all gone - Lamby breath :rolleyes: