Earthdog

Hello

We dont have anything to do with Earthdog here in WA, well that I am aware of anyway, so I really know nothing... I am heading to Melb in June, and notice there is a earthdog test, and I was hoping I would be able to get some info, so perhaps I could look at trialling Cruise.

If anyone can give me some info, that would be brilliant

Cheers

Sarah

Hey Sarah,

The club will probably run an 'introduction to quarry' class that would be suitable for Cruise to enter. It's just as is described! Great for you to get a feel for it and start to understand what it is about and give Cruise a go.

Basically, Cruise will be expected to go through a tunnel, turn a corner, and work quarry (dig, bark, bite at) to pass. Anything you do to get Cruise used to tunnels (cardboard boxes are good) would be useful, and anything you do to get him used to quarry (e.g. hairy rabbit carcasses) is good, too. Getting Cruise to work through a barrier for quarry would then be the next step.

Sorry this is a bit rushed. Are you going over for 6th/7th/8th of June? If so I will see you there. :( I may be entering earthdog on the Monday, too, but haven't decided yet.

• 4 months later...

Is anyone going to the earthdog training day at SACA in Adelaide on the 15th of August, a friend of mine is going & it'll be her first time out with her Min Pin, I'm hoping to finish at the obedience trial & meet her before she goes home, she's probably going to be a bit nervous, especially if she can't find someone to go with her.