Hydrobaths (again, I Know)

I will be moving soon, and will no longer have hot water avaialble where I will be washing the dogs, so need to upgrade to a twin tank with heater etc.

These two seem to be the best of the pack, but the Conmurra will pan out about 500 dearer by the time you add the "extras" like wheels and a drain on the outside of the tank (why is THAT an extra??).

Can people who have experience with these two let me know if the difference in cost is worth it?

Hi,

Go and have a look at the ones for sale on DOL classifieds.

Look on the bottom of this page. You may get lucky

and find just what you want. May even be close to you.

If you don't have an out let you will have to spray the

water out and bucket out the rest.

Hi,

Go and have a look at the ones for sale on DOL classifieds.

Look on the bottom of this page. You may get lucky

and find just what you want. May even be close to you.

If you don't have an out let you will have to spray the

water out and bucket out the rest.

Yeah, I meant the outlet should be a normal part of a hydrobath! :laugh:

I was extremely luck to nab a second hand hydrobath from the classifieds here. But if I didn't nab the one I did I had my eyes on the Barf Shop ones the twin tank one, my friend has one and she loves it and I thought they were the best value for money, also I think they are bigger (don't quote me on this). I suppose its a personal thing. My second hand bath was a hay you one I think thats whats on it, I think same as the old Conmurra only single tank, but has a heater and its brillant. I was very very lucky.

I have a twin tank from the BARF shop and it is great. Unfortunately, due to water issues, I'm having to sell it, but I spent a lot of time researching them and went with the BARF shop baths because they offered more "bang for the buck" and were the best at customer service as well.

I have only used the conmurra but love that particular system. I found Hydrobath systems in adelaide and their design much the same and alot less in price. With transport to victoria it was still cheaper. Has been run 5 days a week all day for the past 3 and a bit years no probs :eek:

I have a Conmurra one when they were actually Conmurra. They have since sold the business to another company who makes them based I think on their design. I bought mine about 6 years ago.

I only have the single tank heated and find it great. The twin tank I suppose would be good if you wished to rinse the dog down after a wash. I use Fido's free itch here which is fine to leave on the dog. The only thing I find with the heaters in them is it takes ages to heat up a full tub of water.

The tank in mine I think holds about 22 litres. I find it quicker to go to the laundry grab a bucket of hot water and pour that into the tank to give it a start if I am bathing late. If I have the time, then I let the bath heat up the water as by the time I fully groom the first dog, it is heated ok.

I dont like the trolley around the barf shop ones. particularly the open underneath where the motor is. That was one of the reasons I did not go with them.