Poor Old Misty

Last Saturday she had a episode where we thought we were going to lose her, turns out she has Geriatric Vesticle Disease which she has made a amazing recovery, she still has a head tilt, but is managing very well, can get up the stairs now with out falling over as much.

Well yesterday she went in for Xrays on her heart, as soon as I saw them I knew something was wrong, when the vet came to look at them she didn't say anything for what seemed forever, her heart is HUGE!!!! & she is to start heart meds to help it cope with the stress it is under.

After last week I had resigned myself to the fact we were going to lose her, the heartache was unbearable, now it looks like I will have to go through it all over again, I just hope I have the strength to do it. :rofl:

Really sorry that Misty is having these troubles - yes, they are very worrisome and heart-wrenching to say the least. On the up-side, for what it is worth, I believe that whilst they are not a magic cure, the heart medications that are now available do a very good job.

I wish for you both the very best of outcomes and much time for happiness and joy that you can both continue to share together.

Edited by Erny

Be Brave SB you have done your best friend proud,shown her true love & devotion ,what more can any dog ask for

It is so very hard as our loved ones age ,but every moment must be treasured, as we prepare for their passing ,they never really leave & remain in our broken hearts forever

:laugh:

Oh Silverblue, I am so sorry. It is emotionally draining living with ill dogs. I know I have days when I wonder if it is all worth it and then he snores loudly on the couch next to me and I see that it is... Hang in there.

Hopefully when her meds kick in and she is more comfortable it will be easier for you and her.

No Diuretics for Misty, she has NEVER had anything apart from Enxyplex for her Pancrieatitis, she is a tough old biddy, who just happens to be my VERY BEST FRIEND.

We had to buy a new fridge as she used to break into the old one & steal things, one day she ate a 5 litre container of puppy mince, a 1/2 block of cheese, a tub of sour cream & 1/2 a can of scotch, she spewd & shat for days,

I have so many wonderful memories of her & I know it is all part of life BUT I am not ready for her to go.

We had to buy a new fridge as she used to break into the old one & steal things, one day she ate a 5 litre container of puppy mince, a 1/2 block of cheese, a tub of sour cream & 1/2 a can of scotch, she spewd & shat for days,

What a funny and cute memory silver. cherish your time together and make some more memories.

I dont believe we are ever ready for our loved fur babies to go and i dread the day i have to go through this.

cuddles and kisses will be my priority at that time, for the both of us.