My Buddy For 17 Years

katelouise

RIP Dusty :thumbsup: I still shed a tear over a very special dog that grew up with me through my childhood and I lost her 25yrs ago. Dusty will always hold a special place in your heart and give you wonderful memories, till you meet again.

Thanks everyone.

It's 3 weeks today since I said goodbye to my little Dusty. I printed off lots of photos of him today that I am going to scrap into an album. I look at his photos everyday and miss him terribly.

I still can't really believe he is gone :eek:

Thanks everyone.

It's 3 weeks today since I said goodbye to my little Dusty. I printed off lots of photos of him today that I am going to scrap into an album. I look at his photos everyday and miss him terribly.

I still can't really believe he is gone :happydance2:

It's very hard and, as Anna says, they never leave you.

Silkies always seem to look like wise little souls, don't they.

Thanks everyone.

I still can't really believe he is gone :)

It's very hard and, as Anna says, they never leave you.

Silkies always seem to look like wise little souls, don't they.

That's so true Cynthia.....an old soul he was for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished putting together a book full of photos of DUsty. It's a tribute to him and rather than trawling through photo albums everytime I wanted to look at him, I decided to put what (very little!) scrapbooking skills I have to good use and make a book for my little buddy. I organised the photos into sections (christmas, cuddles, me and him, photos of him asleep etc) and the book has turned out really well.

I still miss him terribly and often it will just hit me and I will fall in a heap. But this book does bring a little smile to my face when it reminds me of the many memories we made over his 17 years with me.

:(

Edited by katelouise

I finally finished putting together a book full of photos of DUsty. It's a tribute to him and rather than trawling through photo albums everytime I wanted to look at him, I decided to put what (very little!) scrapbooking skills I have to good use and make a book for my little buddy. I organised the photos into sections (christmas, cuddles, me and him, photos of him asleep etc) and the book has turned out really well.

I still miss him terribly and often it will just hit me and I will fall in a heap. But this book does bring a little smile to my face when it reminds me of the many memories we made over his 17 years with me.

:(

Hugs again, I read the first post and thought Oh No I have heard of this happening before! and I cried again for you and Dusty, what a lovely life you gave him, well done 17 years is a great innings and a dog well loved

• 2 weeks later...

:)

Hugs again, I read the first post and thought Oh No I have heard of this happening before! and I cried again for you and Dusty, what a lovely life you gave him, well done 17 years is a great innings and a dog well loved

Thanks Desexemall. Its hard because I should be very thankful of all the years I was able to have him, and I am thankful, however no matter how many years you have your little friend you always want more and the saddest thing is that our animal friends never live as long as we do.

• 4 weeks later...
...and the saddest thing is that our animal friends never live as long as we do ...

Oink used to have something along those lines in her signature. I will have to see if it is still there.

The photo of Dusty with his lovely blue blanket from Santa is very precious :p ;) . I am sure that one is in your book.

Katelouise I just popped over to the RB thread and read your story - so sad, may Dusty run free at Rainbow Bridge

The album is such a great idea - I'm sure you cried many times while putting it together but the memories are there to be cherished forever and it is an important part of the process of getting over your little man.

17 years is amazing, how much he must've learned and given in that time - it's incredible how they represent so much of who we are - they don't say a word yet we can tie all kinds of memories to things our animals did or just having them there at all times, happy and sad.

I hope that one day you can find in your heart to love another doggie like you did Dusty -- we lost our little pup Boz aged 4 months, around the same time as Dusty, they'll be at the Bridge together and Dusty will be showing Boz a trick or two ! We have just had our new pup Archie arrive on the weekend and how that 8 wk old little fella has already stolen our hearts.

Take care

• 4 weeks later...
Katelouise I just popped over to the RB thread and read your story - so sad, may Dusty run free at Rainbow Bridge

The album is such a great idea - I'm sure you cried many times while putting it together but the memories are there to be cherished forever and it is an important part of the process of getting over your little man.

17 years is amazing, how much he must've learned and given in that time - it's incredible how they represent so much of who we are - they don't say a word yet we can tie all kinds of memories to things our animals did or just having them there at all times, happy and sad.

I hope that one day you can find in your heart to love another doggie like you did Dusty -- we lost our little pup Boz aged 4 months, around the same time as Dusty, they'll be at the Bridge together and Dusty will be showing Boz a trick or two ! We have just had our new pup Archie arrive on the weekend and how that 8 wk old little fella has already stolen our hearts.

Take care

Thanks Mrs Tornsocks. He really was my little sunshine and still miss him very very much. I hope that one day I have another little dog, because I do love them so much, its just very hard to love another just yet. Thanks for your kind words:-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...