My Buddy For 17 Years

katelouise

Hi,

I am 27 years old and on Saturday I had to say goodbye to "Dusty" who has been my little buddy for almost 17 years. My dad died in July 1992 the exact same day that Dusty was born. It wasn't until my mum and I picked Dusty up that we found this out. A true connection I felt.

I has just turned 11 when we brought Dusty home and I am almost 28 now. I have spent the last 17 years worshipping him and loving him with all my heart. He was a silky terrier that seemed like he would live forever! He got me through primary school, through high school, through two degrees at university and into my working life. I don't have many memories of my life without him.

I am really struggling without him. Although he still lived with my family after I moved out of home 3 1/2 years ago, I still saw him every single day. Lately because he was old I would go to mum's place in my lunch break to take him outside to the toilet. I loved going home to see him. I would also then call around on my way home from work to see him again. He really was my world and my world revolved around him. I would have done anything, absolutley anything for him.

On Saturday it was time to say goodbye to him :(

He had a seizure and the vet couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't keep having them. I couldnt bear the thought of him going through another one so we decided to lay him to rest.

I lost my dad when I was 11 and losing my little bud has been just as traumatic.

I miss him so much :o

RIP Dusty.

Katelouise, you will never forget him. :scared:

Button Powerlegs and Little Dog will welcome their fellow silky at the bridge with a tail wag, an expedition in the long grass and big a bbq chicken dinner. :(:o

Edited by Powerlegs

RIP Dusty.

Katelouise, you will never forget him. :rofl:

Button Powerlegs and Little Dog will welcome their fellow silky at the bridge with a tail wag, an expedition in the long grass and big a bbq chicken dinner. :D :laugh:

Thankyou so much Anna........he LOVED bbq chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Sweetie, Im sure your dad will be looking after Dusty for you til you all meet again. 17 years in an extraordinary effort! What memories you will have! Run free little man :D

That is so sweet! Thankyou! I do take comfort in hoping Dusty is with my dad. I hope I meet them both when my time comes.

RIP Dusty.

Katelouise, you will never forget him. :rofl:

Button Powerlegs and Little Dog will welcome their fellow silky at the bridge with a tail wag, an expedition in the long grass and big a bbq chicken dinner. :laugh::rofl:

Thankyou so much Anna........he LOVED bbq chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eat: silky tummies know about tasty food don't they.

katelouise they never ever leave you. We just learn to live without our little shadow but they're still watching as they always did.