First Obedience Trial!

On the 25th of April, Me and my BC ,Jess, are entering our first obedience trial!!

The trial is at Munno Para Obedience Club in Smithfield Plains (SA)

Is any one else going to that trial??

Anyway, i need help!! Whats happens at a trial from start to finish!! can some please explain to me everything!! Even the really obvious stuff!!

Thanks!!

Sorry not entering that one as the Sue Hogben Obedience and Agility seminars are on that weekend. Highly recommend them to you if your interested in obedience and agility though and at $10 for an auditor spot or $40 for the 4 sessions they are really good value. If you need more information its up on the Dogs SA website. Forms and payment is due by tomorrow though (April 6).

ETA. If your not doing anything on the 18th there is an Obedience trial at Para Districts in the morning and it might be worth coming along just so you can see what happens, if you haven't already attended a trial before prior to the one where you are entered.

Edited by ness

Sorry not entering that one as the Sue Hogben Obedience and Agility seminars are on that weekend. Highly recommend them to you if your interested in obedience and agility though and at $10 for an auditor spot or $40 for the 4 sessions they are really good value. If you need more information its up on the Dogs SA website. Forms and payment is due by tomorrow though (April 6).

ETA. If your not doing anything on the 18th there is an Obedience trial at Para Districts in the morning and it might be worth coming along just so you can see what happens, if you haven't already attended a trial before prior to the one where you are entered.

due tomorrow... i don't think i'll be able to get forms in by then... oh well....

para districts? is that in sailsberry?? mite go have a look...

thanks for ur help :thumbsup:

Hmm well post marked by tomorrow and if you rang them I am sure it wouldn't be a problem. If you would like more details PM me. I am in touch with the organisers and I don't think they are restricting auditing spots anyway and can pass phone numbers on to you. If you are in any way keen I can highly recommend her and you will certainly learn plenty of useful training information.

Yep Para Districts is at Salisbury. I am entered with my older BC Ness in the second to top class - UD.

Edited by ness

I really wish I could go... I looked up info on the Dogs SA website, But I just don't think I'm going to be able to make it. Long story, but I'm still dealing with some SACA registration forms and stuff.

I might go to the Para Discrits trial though, just have a look. Don't know at the moment, might be busy that day.

I have obedience training this morning, so I might get some info off some people there.

Thanks anyway.

Can't stress enough the benefits of watching a trial prior to your first one - it will really help your nerves and you will be more aware of what goes on when it is your turn.

The Sue Hogben seminar is worth cancelling everything for. Its a once in a blue moon event, thats costs your very little and it might be years before you have this opportunity again.

Its too late after the event and everybody is talking about it to then say...gees wish i had gone. :thumbsup:

Can't stress enough the benefits of watching a trial prior to your first one - it will really help your nerves and you will be more aware of what goes on when it is your turn.

The Sue Hogben seminar is worth cancelling everything for. Its a once in a blue moon event, thats costs your very little and it might be years before you have this opportunity again.

Its too late after the event and everybody is talking about it to then say...gees wish i had gone. :thumbsup:

I really wana go now!!! Still don't I'll get too though.... now the computer is acting up so I can't even download the form!!

I want to book a flight just so I can go!! When is Sue doing another Perth one? :laugh:

If you email me I can send you the forms will post my email address here and then remove it.

nah... don't worry about it.

SACA still needs to get back to me with something..

that really sucks that i can't go!!

Edited by AgilityLoverTaylah!!

Dunno why can't you go. If you entered in the trial that night then your SACA membership should have gone through anyway.

ETA. Can you edit your post to remove my email address please.

Edited by ness

Dunno why can't you go. If you entered in the trial that night then your SACA membership should have gone through anyway.

ETA. Can you edit your post to remove my email address please.

well i havn't sent the form off yet... im still waiting on SACA to get numbers back to me..

You won't need a SACA number on the Sue form. They don't ask for anything other than your name and address - so you will be safe there and thanks for removing my email addy.

Edited by ness

due tomorrow... i don't think i'll be able to get forms in by then... oh well....

para districts? is that in sailsberry?? mite go have a look...

thanks for ur help :cry:

If they know the forms are coming they will accept them for the obedience one. I was talking with the lady receiving the obedience ones on Friday and she sad it would be fine if she knew she was getting it. If you download the obedience form for the seminar from DogsSA it has her email address and phone number.

ETA: Shouldn't matter that you don't have a SACA number, I know a couple of non members that are going along to watch.

Edited by piper

Anyway, i need help!! Whats happens at a trial from start to finish!! can some please explain to me everything!! Even the really obvious stuff!!

Thanks!!

As previously stated a good idea would be to go and watch a trial before entering one. Another suggestion is to have a look on You Tube, there's a few good ones there.

I gather you're entering CCD so this is a good place to start :( :-

I want to book a flight just so I can go!! When is Sue doing another Perth one? :eek:

I already have :rofl::(