Cccq Rules

Hi All,

I am currently considering what breed of dog I will get down the track, and one of my considerations is a rescue dog.

Here is my question:

Can I register a rescue dog with CCCQ for agility?

My concern is that I have a pedigreed sheltie registered with CCCQ and I am a CCCQ member. As I understand the rules, I can only register up to two unpapered dogs with CCCQ when I first become a member, and no more after that. As I did not do this when I joined (because I don't have such a dog) does this mean my window of opportunity is closed? Can I now not register an unpapered dog with CCCQ if I decided to get one?

I would like clarification on this as I am a bit unsure on this ruling and was hoping some of you may know. It would be a real shame for people who wish to compete with CCCQ not to be able to rescue a dog. I know that an alternative is ADAA but I would just like clarification on CCCQ.

None of this is urgent, nor have I deceided that I will take on a rescue rather than a registered dog. However, I would like to know my options when the time comes.

Monique, you (& any member you are have a joint membership with) can register up to 2 non pedigree dogs (at the one time) anytime during your membership. The limit on registration is only so you don't get a non pedigree after you have already had one (does that makes sense?). So Eddie & I were members & had both Ebony & Jonty (both pedigree) before we got Jarrah & registered him on the associate register. So the CCCQ have allowed us to register one non pedigree on the associate register, but we arent allowed to register anymore. We can however still register another associate register dog if they come off any of the working dog registers.

I really do hope that they someday relax that ruling to allow multiple non pedigree dogs to be registered if they are rescue dogs, but only time will tell I guess :eek: .

ETA - ohhhh I just saw the pic of my dogs in my signature, I miss my gorgeous dogs :laugh::thumbsup::provoke::hug::cry: :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edited by MrsD

Thanks Robyn, I thought you might know, I was wondering about Jarrah, and have been meaning to ask you but forgot everytime I saw you. It may be a non issue but I would like to know just in case.

What do you mean by the "working dog registers" (pardon my ignorance).

Where are you so that you miss your dogs? I know you said you were going away but I can't remember the details :laugh: .

Currently in the UK (don't tell me you havent noticed me missing at training :thumbsup::laugh: ) we get home next Friday.

The Associate Register, as well as non-pedigree dogs, also allows dogs from working registers (the Working Kelpie Council is the one that Im most familiar with, but there are others) to be registered with the CCCQ so that they can compete in dog sports like ANKC Herding etc. So those dogs that are registered with the WKC for example (ie purebred kelpies that are working dogs as opposed to bench (show) kelpies) are allowed to be AR registered & in those cases there are no resitrictions on the number of dogs you can register on the AR.

hmmmm... ok this thread really does apply to me.. I have two associates registed with the ANKC for agility and I did that in Sydney so does that mean If I get another rescue dog that I cannot trial with it under the CCCQ cos if that is the case Im not gonna even bother with them.. its a stupid ruling..

Can anyone clarify this for me?? I haven't joined yet as Im still able to trail under my NSW membership..

Hi smish, that is how I am understanding this. As I see it, you can register your two current dogs (or any two dogs you want to register at the same time) and then NO MORE! Mrs D has more knowledge of the rules than I do and hopefully she will confirm this when she gets back.

Years ago when I trialled my last Sheltie (1997), I also had an awesome non pedigreed German Shepherd who I could not trial. People were going over the border to trial. At least now they are allowing some non papered dogs to compete, but unfortunately the rules are still very restrictive around this. :rolleyes:

Cos as far as i have heard from a few NSW judges because my dogs are regestered with the ANKC there is no need to re register them with CCCQ.. hmmm..if thats the case I guess snoopy goes into perminate retirement!

smisch, Im really not sure in your situation, as the judges pointed out the dogs are already registered, so Im not sure what would happen then. :rofl:

Levi, as you know, I was one of those people who spent years driving over the border to trial, Im just happy that the CCCQ have finally dragged themselves into the 20th century (even though the rest of us are in the 21st century now :rofl: ) & allow non-pedigree dogs at all.

Midol, no it's not very well thought out, as I said I am hoping that sometime in the future they will amend the ruling to allow multiple non-pedigree dogs if they are acquired through rescues, but we'll just have to wait & see. :)

Well Im just gonna enter as I usually do and see what happens technically I'm "over the border Trialling" but actually I live in QLD now but haven't had a chance to get my paperwork sent off.. and Im still dealing with dogs NSW (whoi'm furious with atm) as they lost my title paperwork and I can't find my Q cards (probably in a box in sydney) so it looks like we're gonna redo novice jumping again.. oh well... 2nd times a charm!

Well Im just gonna enter as I usually do and see what happens technically I'm "over the border Trialling" but actually I live in QLD now but haven't had a chance to get my paperwork sent off.. and Im still dealing with dogs NSW (whoi'm furious with atm) as they lost my title paperwork and I can't find my Q cards (probably in a box in sydney) so it looks like we're gonna redo novice jumping again.. oh well... 2nd times a charm!

Or you could come and play at ADAA trials - all dogs are welcome.

I would Reddii except that the ANKC ones are ALOT closer to home for me and we're already on our way with our titles.. Ill see how we go may do it for extra once I get my Ps

:hug: Will probably see you at an ANKC trial before too long.

Or you could come and play at ADAA trials - all dogs are welcome.

Can I hijack for a second and ask how the ADAA titles work? (assuming they do titles?) Do you have to register your dog with them separetely or use your ANKC registered dog's name to earn ADAA titles on? Oh gosh I hope I'm making sense :cry: I'm just curious is all!

Can I hijack for a second and ask how the ADAA titles work? (assuming they do titles?) Do you have to register your dog with them separetely or use your ANKC registered dog's name to earn ADAA titles on? Oh gosh I hope I'm making sense :happydance2: I'm just curious is all!

I can answer that! You do have to register your dogs with ADAA, and become a member yourself - a simple one-off process. Most people register and run their ADAA dogs in their call names, unlike ANKC, so it's a much less formal process too. And yes, ADAA have titles, which are different from ANKC. Just think two completely separate organizations which have nothing to do with one another.....