What Should I Look For?

redangel

My birthday is next month and Im thinking of getting a new lens....yep strictly DYI in the present department. I have the d90with the kit lens 18-55 3.5-5.6 and the 55-200 1.4-5.6. Im a total newbie, like to take people/animal shots with a desire to take action pics of furkids having fun. So then where should I go? At one stage I was considering getting the 18-200 just because I dislike changing/carrying lenses. I guess I just want something im going to use to death, not sit in my camera bag. Any suggestions of settings to capture furkids at play is much appreciated, as to now all I have ever taken is stills.

Seriously, the 18-200 is a lot of fun, and you wont need the other lenses, you could actually sell them :shrug: I have that one and the fixed 50mm for low light or if I want a sharper portrait to play with DOF or just an all round light lens. You should get the 18-200 for under 1000.

What is your budget?

If you want fast great glass you could look at the 70-200 f2.8 VR. You would def get some nice action shots on this but it's not cheap.

There is the 80-200 f2.8. I was considering this and I think so was Rugers :rolleyes: at one stage. Could look into this.

Good luck.