Do Fussy Dogs Eat Eagle Pack?

there is no such thing as a fussy eater in dogs. there is however, very well trained owners!!

a dog will never starve itself to death, ie if a dog is hungry they will eat anything.

i have a small dog that eats whatever is served up to her. if she doesn't eat it gets taken away after 15 mins and she gets nothing until the next meal time.

i have never had a dog that was fussy :p

I'm pretty sure your right in saying I'm getting played, I'm good and don't give into treats but the OH isn't so great, I do recall hearing myself ask him sternly if he had feed Oscar any treats before I got home and I got a No but he's not an animal person so doesn't really understand.

My OH spoils the dogs rotten, it doesn't matter what I say he's always slipping them treats and he gives them all a piece of toast when he has breakfast and some of whatever he has for supper at night. They're not fussy eaters so it doesn't make them picky about their dog food, but I do wish he wouldn't do it. Still I'm glad he loves the dogs, not all OH's do so I guess I'm lucky :rofl:

Naww it must be so cute watching the dogs follow your other half around the house.

my OH Andy has never had a dog before we met, and as much as really he doesn't care about having animals in his life he really does make a genuine effort for me, he thinks Oscar's a cool dude and I must admit he is a pretty funny dog, and he does take him to the beach, and car rides and plays with him when I'm not home, the only downfall though like your OH is they give treats when you don't want them to.. Osc knows not to come to me cause he'll get nothing but come dinner time he is Andy's little shadow. (that's our dinner time to) :p

Wow! Thanks so much for everyones replies.

Its been great reading the discussion after a long night at work.

I understand we can get played by those pups of ours. Whatever food I try I will offer for 15-30 and remove til the next day. I know they will be fine.

I guess the other thing is aswell as being better quality food I want one that will be easily digested by my older boy's tummy. He has a history of gastritis which has previously caused bloody vomits. Very scary and upsetting.

Does anyone have any experience with giving this food to dogs with this sort of problem?

I know the food is good quality but Id hate to give him something so rich that it may make him worse :laugh:

It will really depend on the variety that you choose, and it's ingredients, is your old boy sensitive to something in particular?

Not that I know of Crisovar. He never seems to do well after raw meaty bones. Other than that he just gets stomach upsets semi-regularly. And while I cant put it down to anything in particular he generally is fine when on chicken and rice. Perhaps thats why I'm eyeing off the EP wholistic chicken. Chicken and rice is fine for a while but Im sure he doesnt get all the nutrients he needs in that mix alone.

just a quick question, where can I buy it from?

If you check the Eagle Pack web site it will give a list of stockists and you can check for one close to you.

My stockist doesn't keep it on the shelf, but orders it in for me when I give him a call.

If you check the Eagle Pack web site it will give a list of stockists and you can check for one close to you.

My stockist doesn't keep it on the shelf, but orders it in for me when I give him a call.

Fantastic.. Thank-you rijbiz.. :thumbsup:

Fantastic.. Thank-you rijbiz.. :thumbsup:

Welcome :rofl:

I started my whippet puppy out on the eagle pack puppy in the yellow bag and she absolutely loved it and can be fussy sometimes. I also found she didnt do so well on it so swapped her over to Royal Canin Junior which worked wonders to maintain a consistent weight :laugh:

I started my whippet puppy out on the eagle pack puppy in the yellow bag and she absolutely loved it and can be fussy sometimes. I also found she didnt do so well on it so swapped her over to Royal Canin Junior which worked wonders to maintain a consistent weight :love:

Thanks whip it. I also ended up buying the yellow bag as the store only had the 7.5kg in holistic chicken.

Well. She spat it out and started eating the older boys duck formula. Shame she cant eat it for another 7 months!

The older boy ate some only after I (like a goose) pretended to eat some myself. Although one sniff of it this morning and he walked away.

To be fair I mixed in a bit of rice and tinned food to see what would happen and as I suspected they have just eaten around the kibble. Time to go cold turkey this evening I suppose? :)

SO as everyone suggested I will persevere and hope hunger wins out in the end. I guess this is the only option as I am not wasting the $75 I spent. Id buy some of the wet food but its 4-5$ a tin :rofl:

That and I really want them to eat this as 95% of comments I have read on the web are positive.

Does anyone know how long is a reasonable trial period? I know I am jumping the gun but I would hate for either dog but particularly the pup to lose condition.

If he does well after eating RMBs you could try him on a raw diet too. Raw is supposed to digest more easily/faster than dried food.

Definitely try go cold turkey with the dried, Cherry is not a big eater either and I find taking it away until the next meal time does the trick, even if she only eats once a day.

Huski, thanks for the advice.

He actually doesnt do well on raw food, seems to really aggravate him. The latest case of gastritis came after I increased the amount of raw food he was eating.

But heres the update- they cracked.

They ate a tiny amount yesterday morning, refused dinner, refused breakfast.

I got a tip from a colleague to heat it up slightly in the microwave to bring out the aroma. Worked a treat!

I dont think they love it but at least they ate it. Lets see what happens . :hug:

Guest belgian.blue

I know too well about your pets playing you with what they eat.

My cat used to be a massive fuss pot but since moving house I put down her food twice a day and TELL her that is all that is on offer .. eat it or go hungry!!

She eats it and leaves two sparkling clean bowls.

Ivy was the same .. told her to eat it or have a grumbly tummy till the next feed. She now eats everything thing I give her .. now that we're set on a fantastic diet she's doing wonderfully on. The many comments we get while out walking, makes me feel pretty darn proud of her :cry:

So be strong and stick to a food that produces nice poo.

eta - I've never tried eagle pack, as I find it far too expensive for what you're getting. Ivy gets Cal Nat puppy and I have nothing but good things to say about this food.

Edited by belgian.blue