Not Sure About This.. Should I Be Worried?

W Sibs

Has he been wormed? (in case you missed it the first time) :thumbsup:

well, the lady i got Charlie from said that he has been flea and worm treated.. and i only got Charlie last week.

but, i'm not so sure because when I bought Charlie home.. he had fleas... i had to give him a flea treated bath on his first day home! so, i'm not quite sure about the worm now.. that's why i'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow to check.

Years ago I had a Pekingese.... trimming of the bum and anal expressing was a common occurence... you get used to it after a while. :thumbsup:

Ahh... lol.

this is going to be interesting... i wonder if that's a chore, my OH will want to take. he wants to bond with Charlie and all.. :rofl:

Years ago I had a Pekingese.... trimming of the bum and anal expressing was a common occurence... you get used to it after a while. :thumbsup:

Ahh... lol.

this is going to be interesting... i wonder if that's a chore, my OH will want to take. he wants to bond with Charlie and all.. :rofl:

Well.. its worth a shot!!! :provoke:

well, the lady i got Charlie from said that he has been flea and worm treated.. and i only got Charlie last week.

but, i'm not so sure because when I bought Charlie home.. he had fleas... i had to give him a flea treated bath on his first day home! so, i'm not quite sure about the worm now.. that's why i'm going to take him to the vet tomorrow to check.

Charles fleas transmit tapeworm so make sure that you use a wormer such as Drontal that treats for all intestinal worms.

Ah, okay then. If he hadn't been flea treated, more than likely not wormed (or maybe not properly) either.

The vet can advise about routine treatment as well as heartworm, tick prevention etc (if you are in a tick prone area) :rofl:

The breeder should have told you when he was wormed and what they used. I would give him a dose anyway...its better to be safer and it wont hurt him.

haha.. thanks. i was just thinking if puppy can overdose on worm tablets or whatever..

Ah, okay then. If he hadn't been flea treated, more than likely not wormed (or maybe not properly) either.

The vet can advise about routine treatment as well as heartworm, tick prevention etc (if you are in a tick prone area) :rofl:

no ticks.. thank god!

The breeder should have told you when he was wormed and what they used. I would give him a dose anyway...its better to be safer and it wont hurt him.

haha.. thanks. i was just thinking if puppy can overdose on worm tablets or whatever..

No probs. :thumbsup:

I'd just take him to the vet anyway and get him checked over. The beauty of taking him now before a vaccination is due, is that the first trip can be a nice experience for him so he will happily go in future.

Could be worms, could be anal glands, could be his hair, could be any number of things. While you're at the vet, you can ask him/her all the questions you have and build up a rapport now. :thumbsup: