Can't Decide On Which Hydrobath!

JulesP

I am going to get a hydrobath, yeah!

But I can't decide on which one to get. Have searched on here and read all the threads but am still undecided.

Am looking at the BARF ones and the Fido ones. Would like to get one from Vic as that is were I live but haven't had much joy.

Advice please!

I am going to get a hydrobath, yeah!

But I can't decide on which one to get. Have searched on here and read all the threads but am still undecided.

Am looking at the BARF ones and the Fido ones. Would like to get one from Vic as that is were I live but haven't had much joy.

Advice please!

I got a Barf Shop one in Oct 2007 and am totally thrilled with it. It had everything I wanted in a bath at a reasonable cost and after doing three dogs on a weekly basis, still looks brand new and hasn't missed a beat.

What material is the BARF one made of that is not favourable?

I have a a BARF 1 and love it, got it after using my friends 1. She has had hers about 5 or 6 years now and it is still great. Mine is about 3 years old and going strong.

Unlike most hydrobaths it is not made from fibreglass but from a type of plastic - the sort they use for making rain water tanks. Some people say the dogs will scratch it and bacteria could breed in it. No scratches in mine from the dogs. Should add there is a non slip lift up floor in it made from a different material. The only scratch on mine is on an outside edge where I managed to ram into a brick wall while trying to move it 1 day.

Some people also don't like that the pump is exposed. For me this was a good thing - easier to get to and repair should it ever need it.

I bought a 2nd hand bath from Melbourne Dog Centre, i have had it for around 3 years and it had been used for about 5+ years before i got it. It is pretty worn but still does a great job, has a few chips in the bath but nothing major.

The Melbourne Dog Centre bath ends up being pretty much the same price as the BARF/Fido ones because the freight is cheaper. The guy at MDC didn't think I needed a twin tub bath though which had me a bit bewildered as I will not have a hot tap for rinsing.