Fly/tick Treaments

ok, just doing a bit of research here, my two always get bothered badly by flies in the warmer weather; usually I just use a spray on repellant, but the place we have just moved to (probably) has brown ticks as well.

What can I use for the dogs that wont harm the cats to protect against ticks/fleas/flies? I was looking at Adantix, but I believe it to be harmful to cats?

Our cats don't lick/groom the dogs these days, but they do all share couches/living areas etc

I use both Permoxin and Advantix. Both are toxic to cats if ingested/applied directly. I have two cats. Just be sure to keep the cat from grooming the dog within 24hrs of applying Advantix. Keep the Permoxin bottle away from the cats and keep the cats out of the room when rinsing/spraying. Permoxin binds instantly to the dog so is safe with cats in that sense. If you are concerned keep them seperate for 24 hrs.

I dont seperate my cats and work using Permoxin all day from home with 2 cats, and no problems.

Just be very careful if you choose Advantix to always triple check before applying anything to your cat.

I didn't and once applied Advantix to my cat who almost died and is now very spethal :banghead: