Toys For Inside The House

auir

Hi All

Our BC (17 weeks old) has a heap of toys which we swap around every day so he isnt playing with the same ones day after a day, but was wondering if there any toys which are more suited for indoor toys. Most of his toys (balls, ropes, teddy bears, and sqweekers) he is a complete spaz with - which is a good thing as he alot of fun, but when he is inside naturally i dont want him running at full pace through out the house (we have floor boards and he cannt break once he gets some speed up and just slides when wants to stop, bit worried he will eventually go a bit too fast and go thud into wall) so i didnt know if there where any more 'relaxing' :( toy ideas out there for him for when he is in the house?

Cheers

Hi All

Our BC (17 weeks old) has a heap of toys which we swap around every day so he isnt playing with the same ones day after a day, but was wondering if there any toys which are more suited for indoor toys. Most of his toys (balls, ropes, teddy bears, and sqweekers) he is a complete spaz with - which is a good thing as he alot of fun, but when he is inside naturally i dont want him running at full pace through out the house (we have floor boards and he cannt break once he gets some speed up and just slides when wants to stop, bit worried he will eventually go a bit too fast and go thud into wall) so i didnt know if there where any more 'relaxing' :( toy ideas out there for him for when he is in the house?

Cheers

i have a 4 month old border collie x foxy and he is the exact same. he has already ran into the wall! :wave:

they are very energetic dogs. i have realised that they like to tug on things. so maybe a rope or toy tied to something stable that wont move might be a solution? or even maybe cutting him off into a certain area so he cant move out of that area?

Depends on your type of flooring but you could give him a treat ball ( Buster cube ), which you put dry food or treats in and he can roll it around the floor. If you feed dry you can put an entire meal in there and give it to him while you're doing other things.

We don't have many toys in the house, if they get a bit carried away or have too much energy we do some training indoors. Grab a hand full of treats and teach him a new trick or practice some of your existing commands.

Depends on your type of flooring but you could give him a treat ball ( Buster cube ), which you put dry food or treats in and he can roll it around the floor. If you feed dry you can put an entire meal in there and give it to him while you're doing other things.

We don't have many toys in the house, if they get a bit carried away or have too much energy we do some training indoors. Grab a hand full of treats and teach him a new trick or practice some of your existing commands.

Same here, we have Labradors and dont really want them playing inside, that's their and our quiet time. WE have an old blanket on the floor in the room we sit in, they know 'on your bed' and then they are rewarded for meeting that and other requests. It's part of their obedience training to be cooperative and stay on the bed (even if we leave the room).