Dover Gardens Obedience Trial

Jess, my Border Collie, and I had entered our first obedience trial on the week end and Dover Gardens Obedience Club. In CCD.

We got good scores but she broke her sit stay :thumbsup:

I think we did pretty good for our first trial, our scores were:

Heelwork- 28/30

Stand For Exam- 10/10

Recall- 19/20

Stays: -

i think that was our scores any way.

Who else went to this trial? Who passed? Who had fun in the rain (haha not me!)?

I put a video of us in the ring on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMzWVeMgwzQ

thats the link

I was there trialling in UD with my older girl - bit of a disaster really although the weather wasn't to blame for her I don't think. I did see you out over the back - I walked past with my two on the way back to the tent.

I was there trialling in UD with my older girl - bit of a disaster really although the weather wasn't to blame for her I don't think. I did see you out over the back - I walked past with my two on the way back to the tent.

haha yeah I remember now! when I got home my feet were numb! my socks and shoes were soaked thru!! When are you gonna trial Kenzie??

Will trial Kenzie when I could bet my bottom dollar on her passing :thumbsup: . Probably she will be doing most of the open and UD exercises before I consider trialling her in novice. Mostly as I am in no rush to get a Stand for Exam on her and stress her out too much with that. Also actually need to put in some work if I intend on trialling her at all :cheer: .

Will trial Kenzie when I could bet my bottom dollar on her passing :thumbsup: . Probably she will be doing most of the open and UD exercises before I consider trialling her in novice. Mostly as I am in no rush to get a Stand for Exam on her and stress her out too much with that. Also actually need to put in some work if I intend on trialling her at all :cheer: .

:cheer: oh ok. How old is she now??

Nearly 14 months :thumbsup: - not enough hours in a day to put towards obedience and agility and cover everything to the level I want to :cheer:

I did do a mock CCD trial with Kenzie early in the year and it didn't go as badly as I thought it might at the time.

Edited by ness

Great scores for a first trial - well done!

I missed out today - house-bound after recent spell in hospital. Thought long and hard about trying to con someone to give me a lift down there today just to watch, then thought better of it.

Pity, really. Zamba's enthusiasm has gone through the roof since we attended the Sue Hogben seminars a month or so ago and we discovered the clicker.

For the time being we're just doing some slow backyard heeling and bits and pieces until I'm back up to speed.

Anyone know when the next trial dates are? I'd heard some of the advertised trials had been cancelled...?

Hmm next trial would be Noarlunga I think from looking at the schedules the other day - not for a while though. Won't be entering that one as its back to the drawing board for us over Ness and her UD work (may enter open but not quite as keen somehow when she doesn't need the pass :thumbsup: ) and part of that means not entering again until I can get 90% consistency at training however long that takes.

Failing that I think I am packing her on a plane and sending her to Sue for remedial training lessons :cheer: .

ETA. Noarlunga is the 20th of June. Closing date 8th of June.

Edited by ness

Yep I did. Well only 1 out of 5 passes today.

My youngster Gabby doesnt like the rain but she worked brilliantly till the retrieve on the flat where she shook herself and than the brain disappeared :cheer: Xena was naughty in both her rings and Inka was sitting on a pass in open but than decided to lay down in the sit stay :cheer: In UD she redeemed herself and passed with a score of 196 and first place (might add she was the only one that passed) Inka also won the highest scoring dog and highest scoring Dover member and Xena also won the scent hurdle team event. :thumbsup:

Was a great day except I was soaking wet. Now I have to dry out the gazebo :cheer:

Hmm next trial would be Noarlunga I think from looking at the schedules the other day - not for a while though. Won't be entering that one as its back to the drawing board for us over Ness and her UD work (may enter open but not quite as keen somehow when she doesn't need the pass :thumbsup: ) and part of that means not entering again until I can get 90% consistency at training however long that takes.

Failing that I think I am packing her on a plane and sending her to Sue for remedial training lessons :laugh: .

ETA. Noarlunga is the 20th of June. Closing date 8th of June.

I'm entered in that one!! Hopefully Jess can hold her sit stay this time!!!!

Not sure I am entering Noarlunga. I was going to but just had Ness at the chiro this afternoon and she was pretty sore so might give it a miss. Might explain her issues on the weekend and not really being too keen about the whole trial thing.

Not sure I am entering Noarlunga. I was going to but just had Ness at the chiro this afternoon and she was pretty sore so might give it a miss. Might explain her issues on the weekend and not really being too keen about the whole trial thing.

aww.. poor Ness. I hope she's feeling better soon :eek:

Was going to enter Noarlunga but that's the same day as Petagog so I'll have to check what the next one is. Dova was my first trail & I should have stayed home, nothing to do with the dogs or trial, I want to do another one just to get some confidence back :) .