Mess-free Edible Chew Toys?

snuffysmum

i'm planning to buy a kong for my little boy but he is only a puppy. I know there are 2 versions of kongs... the green one and the red one. the green one is supposedly for puppies... do i need a green one or will he be fine on the red one?

We picked our Beagle pup up on the w.e Shes only 8 weeks and we have a puppy kong. Even with the kong food in it shes not to interested but i would buy one. And just try some nicer smellyer food :D

i'm planning to buy a kong for my little boy but he is only a puppy. I know there are 2 versions of kongs... the green one and the red one. the green one is supposedly for puppies... do i need a green one or will he be fine on the red one?

We picked our Beagle pup up on the w.e Shes only 8 weeks and we have a puppy kong. Even with the kong food in it shes not to interested but i would buy one. And just try some nicer smellyer food :(

A kong is simply a toy - not the be all and end all of all food dispensing dog toys :(

Sometimes it takes them a little while to get the idea, but most catch on eventually :D

Our 12 wk old, licks it, but only 1/2 empties it... I find it takes them a little while to be able to completely empty it (only filled with yoghurt at the moment)..... but that could be coz her tongue is not big enough yet!! :p

I read a disturbing article about dog treats, including pigs ears & raw hides, in issue 19, May 15 - August 14, 2009 of "urban animal". I advise everyone to find a copy & read the article on pages 8 - 13. You would certainly think twice about feeding them to your dogs.

Try dried kangaroo tails! They're quite large so you could cut them into smaller pieces or use it to substitute a meal for one day.

They take my beagle much longer to chew than a pigs ear

I have a 7 month old cocker spaniel and his favourite chew food is a natural bone from the butcher.

He eats them outside, of course, and looks very content lying in the sun, front paws anchoring the bone while his tongue and teeth get a workout!

I buy a beef shin bone and the butcher saws it into four pieces for me. Each piece is full of meat, juicy marrow and a nice hard bone and George gets at least three days out of each piece.

Please do not give too many pig ears to your pup.

My pup can't tolerate that, she loves them, but she will throw up a few hours after she eats one.

And raw hide chew is bad too, she used to get them till they started to give her explosive diarrheoa and vomiting.

Now she doesn't get anything but occasional bones... and kong.