R.i.p Leo

Mel774

:laugh:

Just got a phone call from Dad this morning...... my bichon, Leo.. passed away this morning.

This is sooo unexpected. I didn't even realise he was sick. My stepmum didn't want to tell me anything had been wrong until after he was out of the hospital so I didn't have to worry. He had pancritis and was on morphene until this after midnight morning when his bowel burst and they couldn't save him. I'm just in shock. Dad could barely even speak on the phone, he's been crying all night. My little sister doesnt know yet, she was going to visit him in hospital today.

Goodbye Leo... I love you so much

post-19-1100903946.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear that.

I got to say goodbye to Patchie when she passed away, she had 'only' been ill for a couple of days.

I'm sure Leo is still visiting you in spirit, so take the opportunity to say goodbye to him then. Tell him you loved him, he'll understand.

I'll send you an angel to help heal your heart.

Yeah something was definately wrong when I last visited him (he lived in Melbourne with my family) and my partner thinks he was holding on so he could say goodbye.

I am sure he's with my dad at the moment, but I know he will come and visit me to say goodbye. In the meantime I have to watch over my puppy who had a paralysis tick removed last night. I took today off work to watch him and then got the bad news this morning, so dad was glad I was already at home. Leo was the first dog I ever had. He'll always hold a very special place in my heart

Oh, Mel....I'm so, so sorry about Leo. Pancreatitis is an awful condition for dogs...painful & dangerous. Dear little Leo got the best of vet care to keep him as comfortable as possible.

My heartfelt sympathy to you & your family. Rest in peace, free from pain, sweet Leo.