Puppy Vomiting In The Morning

Ellie1

Hi All,

My 8 week old lab puppy vomited clear liquid yesterday morning and this morning, should I take him to the vet? He is not acting very sick, he is active and eating well.

This is very strange. Is this before he has eaten breakfast?

Hi All,

My 8 week old lab puppy vomited clear liquid yesterday morning and this morning, should I take him to the vet? He is not acting very sick, he is active and eating well.

This is very strange. Is this before he has eaten breakfast?

Yes

My guess is he's hungry and there's nothing in his tummy! :laugh: Typical Lab! :) There is another very similar thread in the health/nutrition/grooming section about Vomiting Bile. Check that out for some answers as well! :rofl: (The clear stuff sounds like stomach juices)

When do you feed (time and how many times a day)? What do you feed?

He eats 3x a day, around 8, 12h30, and anytime from 5-6 depending on when he is awake. He eats Advance Growth and then any items from the diet sheet we got from his breeder, cottage cheese, beef mince, sardines, chicken necks etc. I have not given him chicken necks today, was wondering if this could be the cause.

Something to take to bed whether it be a 4 x 2 biscuit or a chicken wing should see him through the night...just think, from 6pm until say 7am when henext gets fed is a long time for a young baby puppy.

:thumbsup:

I always give my babies 4 meals a day until they are about 14 weeks bu tthe last meal is really a very light supper to tide them over till morning and is usually some warm milk and soaked biscuit. Cut that our at around 12 - 14 weeks and gradually feed the last meal a little later at night.

I agree slip in supper before he goes to sleep....I even feed baby 8 week old Pugs 4 times a day so a Lab puppy would need the same. Sometimes supper can just be a scrambled egg with puppy milk. :rofl:

Thanks guys I gave him half his supper early when OH and I ate last night and the rest just before bed, he never vomited this morning.