Dog Marking Problem

Asari

Ok Hudson is 6mths and once he learned to lift that leg all he does is pee on everything inside and i have run out of all the tricks of the trade that i have used on other dogs that have worked to stop it. Poor maya cant even do her bissiness outside without him peeing on her and he has also peed on me while i was cleaning up his mess :) This is doing my head in so if you have any more ideas would be glad to hear them.

Sounds like you little lad is battling to be the boss.

Go back to basics ,re start training to establish leadership & maybe (depending on size) use a belly band during the teaching process.

Is he spayed or going to be??

No not done he's my show dog and all going well my future line. He is great when we are around and lets us know when he wants outside. Been back to basics tryed the sprays and all in all he has been the best pup to train and listens well. Im running out of things to try on him.

Belly Band, or do not let him out of your sight in the house. I have taken to this approach with my young lad, who took to peeing on curtain in an open room. I just have sectioned that area of the house off, and he doesnt go there anymore unsupervised.

He also took to peeing in a family members house when visiting (they didnt long have a bitch in season there) so just belly banded him to save my embarrassment.

I have found that a mix of vinegar and water works quite well with masking the smell to stop them going on the same spot.

Another vote for the belly band whilst inside. If not that then you can't let him out of your sight.

As for peeing on yourself or other dogs outside I hope you tell him off. Water spray bottle might help as well. He has to learn that this is not acceptable.

I think ill try the band sounds like the way to go. I tryed spray bottle but he loves water and wanted more :( He knows its wrong and waits till your not looking. never peed in his crate but has walked passed it and peed on it if it has a cover on it.