Beagle Tail That Sticks Straight Up!

snuffysmum

Just a quick question for any Beagle owners out there. My 15 week Beagle puppy's tail sticks straight up in the air and wiggles at the end when we are out for our walks. It looks like a little white antenna! Is that normal?? Looks cute! Sure wouldn't lose her in long grass!

Just a quick question for any Beagle owners out there. My 15 week Beagle puppy's tail sticks straight up in the air and wiggles at the end when we are out for our walks. It looks like a little white antenna! Is that normal?? Looks cute! Sure wouldn't lose her in long grass!

That's the point :) Beagles are supposed to hold their tails high and erect, as well as have at least the tip white, so that they can be easily spotted from a distance away when on a hunt :(

Daisy rarely carries her tail down, it's always up and full of business :thumbsup:

That's the point :) Beagles are supposed to hold their tails high and erect, as well as have at least the tip white, so that they can be easily spotted from a distance away when on a hunt :(

Daisy rarely carries her tail down, it's always up and full of business :thumbsup:

That's what I thought but I wanted to check!!Thanks! It looks like a handle - I could just carry her along!

Awwww - its so cute when they do that isnt it? Charlies goes straight up, Grovers is sort of half-committed :o

Just wait until your beagle does the 'beagle-business' pose- body taut, front paw bent, nose straight out, tail straight up. When Charlie did it the first time I nearly died of cuteness overload :shrug:

Bailey is only 8 weeks old and she does that beagle buisness pose ALL the time!!! She always runs around jumping up and down around the lawn then just pauses! The paw comes up and she stays there for ages! Just looking... Nose going from side 2 side! Quite funny :o