Heart Murmor In 8 Week Old Pup

My sister has adopted a pup from some her neighbour as they were taking the litter to the pound. At the vet checked/vacc they picked up a heart murmor. They said it wont effect the pup now but it might later on.

Whats some of the things she can do the help prolong the pups life?

Is it serious if they have found it at such a young age?

How can/will the murmor affect the dog now and later?

Its a mixed x bull mastiff.

Thanks

My cat has a heart murmer, it was detected when he was that young too. It gets checked at his yearly checkup every year, and so far its graded on the low scale, which is fine. The vet said as he gets older it may go up on the scale, which we would then need to consider meds etc, but he is 4yrs old and so far so good. We try to keep his weight down for a start, and we hope he doesn't get too affected by it in his senior years

my in laws have a dalmation that was diagnosed with a heart murmor at the same age - my advice would be to get the pup checked over 100% to check for any other issues... it turned out that Tyson has cardio myopathy and they said that he would only live for 6 months - 5 years later he is still with us! he takes human medication for it each day and isn't allowed to overdo it, but he is great!