Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Havahug - they certainly wobble and waddle here - way too cute!!

The Ark - yep yay another newbie in group one!!

Sammy - I soooooooo hope my gazebo is near yours again that first few shows so I can laugh at you cursing your long haired friend :bottom::laugh: Is seems the groomer shall b grooming on her weekends after all :bottom: could b worse............could be white :) .......only idiots and madmen show white dogs :D

JessM- I keep telling you Leo is a soft squishy toy anyway - you need to head to ring one where all the cool people are :) you could just call him an overgrown pug - although the pugs are all much tougher than him......................................... :bottom: .....................please dont make him sit on me at training!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jess my brother was interested in breeds from other rings but we told him that he was best to stick with one of the two rings we were already in, too much running around otherwise! cant remember what breed he liked in the utility ring but i'm sure there was one!

It was probably a bullmastiff, they are just so wonderful :mad

And Bec I do get told regularly by Joe Public that Leo MUST have some pug in him, so surely the judges would understand?!

And he is coming out of his shell, I tell you, he is tough. Must be the superman symbol on his new tag, giving him some self confidence. You guys have given him a complex :(

Hey everyone. Charm went to her new home today - they are lovely people and she appeared to be very happy with them (maybe because they were feeding her treats!). I think the quiet life will suit her, where big, scary people won't be poking and prodding her and asking to look at her teeth! We also picked up our Maremma bubby on the way home - she has travelled up from Victoria today so I'm sure she will sleep well tonight (with my bossy min pin, Changwe, for company). Her name is Lurgenglare Aurea and she is beautiful!

I bumped into Nicky from show training down at Pet Expo today, and she said she'll be there next Tuesday night. Yay!

Deb :love:

Pet Expo was just a big pet industry get-together at Rosehill Racecourse. I hadn't been before, and took Colour, our greyhound, down as an ambassador on the Greyhounds As Pets stand. According to the exhibitors I spoke to the crowds weren't all that good over the 3 days, some think it may have been partly due to the Dog World Games being held the week before.

We had a good time, and there were some nifty showbags, rides for the kids etc. There were quite a few breed displays (Aussie Shepherds and Pugs had one, Min Pins did not, and didn't see any Bullmastiffs, Havs or spaniels other than cockers ), some obedience/dancing displays etc and a few stalls.

Hopefully the Greyhounds as Pets org got some new foster carers/adopters from the three days. :dancingelephant:

Pet Expo was just a big pet industry get-together at Rosehill Racecourse. I hadn't been before, and took Colour, our greyhound, down as an ambassador on the Greyhounds As Pets stand. According to the exhibitors I spoke to the crowds weren't all that good over the 3 days, some think it may have been partly due to the Dog World Games being held the week before.

We had a good time, and there were some nifty showbags, rides for the kids etc. There were quite a few breed displays (Aussie Shepherds and Pugs had one, Min Pins did not, and didn't see any Bullmastiffs, Havs or spaniels other than cockers ), some obedience/dancing displays etc and a few stalls.

Hopefully the Greyhounds as Pets org got some new foster carers/adopters from the three days. :D

I was hoping to see some Bullems, but there was none :laugh: ...I did fall inlove with Greyhounds though! They were so sweet! There was a Clumber there on sat, did you meet him?

How is Charm doing at her new home?

When will we get to meet the bubba?!

I only went Sunday, Jess, so I didn't meet the Clumber. :laugh: Did you meet the big blue boy greyhound, Roly? He is gorgeous! He almost looks like he has wolfhound in him, he's so big and has a longish silky coat for a greyhound. He's looking for a foster home too! :laugh: Charm settled in really well with her new chi friend and was racing around their backyard yesterday so it sounds like she is going to have a great time.

My new baby isn't vaccinated yet so she's going to be in hiding for a while. She is having her first needle on Wednesday, and a thorough vet check. She's only a wee little thing at the moment, but maybe when she grows up into a big lady dog she'll be able to look Leo in the eye! I'll be picking min pins from between her toes! :laugh: I'll study up on how to post decent photos and put a pic of her on here.

And Bec - she's ALL white!! :D

Deb :laugh:

Hi Sammy,

I got mine for the Terrier & Toy show yesterday (with a note reminding me that sweepstakes must be on a separate entry form..... :laugh: ). I'm at work at the moment though so can't tell you how many of what are entered, sorry!

I haven't got mine for Maitland & Kurri shows yet.

Deb :hug:

We didnt enter the toy n terrier one, long story but basically i forgot LOL

Got our november journal today anyone thinking of doing the morisset shows on the 19th and 20th of dec i think thats the right dates anyway, im thinking it will be a good way to get to celebrate xmas with doggy friends we have made thru out the year?

Haven't got our numbers yet, and haven't got our newsletter. I hate waiting lol.

Don't think I will be at training tonight, and it's a bit up in the air whether I will be at the show on the weekend, Leo has a hot spot so I don't know what i'll do. Just our luck. $250 later.. (well, that was including a check up on Rox as well but still, :hug: )

Oh, eta, that is good to hear about Charm Deb :laugh: ...I don't think I met Roly, I met a white girl with brindle patches, and a boy sort of the same, and a sort of tiger brindle boy (well, I think lol). But they were all so very sweet. I'm inlove! I would have one if I didn't have my two giant terds already! Can't wait to see pics of the bubba! What is her call name? (sorry if you've already told us)

Edited by Jessm

OK sorry I don't know what everyone is after but if you want to know just ask

Pointers on Friday 5, Saturday 9 and Sunday 11

Corgi Pembroke Friday 9, Saturday 7 and Sunday 9

Pugs Friday 11, Saturday 32 and Sunday 16

Bullmastiff Friday 3, Saturday 3 and Sunday 2

Oh and 1 specail Field on Friday and Sunday only :laugh: