Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I hope it clears up for the weekend, Jess! Won't be the same without Leo!

In answer to your earlier question, my pup's name is the same as her reg. name - "Aurea" (Au-ray-a). Just thought I'd stick with that, and amazingly the kids can remember it! :rofl:

how bad is leo's hotspot jessm? is it in a very noticable spot? u may be able to get away with still showing him!

took kite to show training yesty and she did alright towards the end thou she lost the plot LOL she had a great time playing with a lovely beagle baby whose first show is this weekend!

hope its not too hot this weekend! i dont want to run too much if its very hot!

It isn't too bad, it isn't pus-e (I don't know how to spell that lol, I typed it first with two s's and that definitely isn't right :rofl: ) or gooey, seems to be starting to scab over. There's two of them, on his back. They are probably just the size of a 5c piece...I'm so glad I noticed them early though so they didn't get to ick. I am just bathing them of a night in salty water and in the mean time putting curash baby powder on them...anyone know if this is ok? Anything else I could be doing? He is on antibiotics aswell...didn't really want them but the vet insisted (I think I have a hard time saying no!). Next time i'll know what i'm doing though! If i'm still unsure about them tomorrow night i'm going to post photos so you'se can tell me what I should do!

I agree about the heat, this week seems to be getting hotter and hotter. I am going to pass out in the middle of the ring :( ..I am definately ordering Leo a cool coat next pay.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOTG, guess like in any sport or hobby theres going to be politics and arguements! ive come across a conflict or two but mostly its all avoidable! just try and surround yourself with nice people and have fun and dont let yourself get caught up in the crap!

jessm, sounds like you are doing everything you can for leo, they dont sound like they are too big and or gross so you may be able to get away with showing him!

I'm just curious whether any of the newbies have encountered show ring politics yet, if so what was it and why do you think it happened?

Obviously no names/details etc.

I've heard a lot of talk about the politics of showing dogs and I'm wondering if it's relatively avoidable.

Im not sure what show ring politics actually is, I think I may have encountered it but Im not clear on what it is, could you describe what it may be to me?

LOTG -

my breeder told me that its what you make of it. If you look for the negative you'll find it. Enjoy it for what it is - a hobby with my dog, find people who do that same and have fun.....and thats what I have done. I havent had any negative experience, we've stuffed up and had a laugh it's all been good.

I have sammyballerina and deb in our ring - deb is at most of the same shows and we set up side by side so I am set with great people to chat to and share whatever shame toby and I have found lol

Bec

I won't be at the show on Friday anymore. Hopefully will make it on Sunday.

I have a question mark for me too. Hubby is working from 12 and little mister 4 isnt very well if only we were in a little group that was done by 12.

Bec

The Friday show starts at 4.00pm - I'm sure you're group will be over before midnight?!

:) Yeah its okay aziah i am having a super blonde moment its been a REALLY bad week at work and I am officially brain dead :hug: Had it in my head it was an AM show lol Dont worry I wouldnt have turned up the newbie in me is so paranoid I check and re check the times BEFORE I wash the superbrat :)

Love PM shows as I can wash the superbrat day of instead of night before. The ring is also a bit cooler shade wise.

also havent got my numbers. did entries through ozentries and have my email to say I am entered Aus post hates me :eek:

For anyone who's not sure, the shows at Hillsborough this weekend are as follows:

Friday 13th Nov, 4pm - Maitland & Kurri District Kennel Club

Saturday 14th Nov, 9am - Maitland & Kurri District Kennel Club

Saturday 14th Nov, 3pm - Newcastle Terrier & Toy Club

Sunday 15th Nov, 8.30am - Maitland & Kurri District Kennel Club

(Everyone but me probably has that all straight, but I had no idea until I just looked up my entries....) :)

The Ark - where do you find the show information date/places or is this info only for members?

The shows are listed in the DogsNSW gazette each month. All members receive this gazette.

You have to be a member to show your dog.

I did put this up partly for you, Bec - as neither of us really seemed to know on Tuesday night I came home and checked! ;)

Not sure I'll be able to make Bulahdelah now - there's just too much happening at home that day. :laugh:

you have great neighbours at this weekends show bec! lol your hubby and son were there today setting up when me and mum were and we are right next door LOL we liked sitting on that side of the ring last time (usually we just sit where ever we can find a spot) so thought we'd set up whilst we were in that way doing things today!

LOTG -

my breeder told me that its what you make of it. If you look for the negative you'll find it. Enjoy it for what it is - a hobby with my dog, find people who do that same and have fun.....and thats what I have done. I havent had any negative experience, we've stuffed up and had a laugh it's all been good.

I have sammyballerina and deb in our ring - deb is at most of the same shows and we set up side by side so I am set with great people to chat to and share whatever shame toby and I have found lol

Bec

This is the bit I'm really interested in... from what I've seen if you don't contribute to it and can personally ignore it you don't really experience it as much. I am really interested in showing, I have no desire to deal with the crap.

oh crap..............there goes the neighbourhood :) we can have a naughty in group corner of the ring ;)

we set a tarp for the ark (deb) too :rofl: so will be good company. Toby has been BADDDDDDDD at training so should be a laugh and red face from me lil toad loves it! Are we right on the corner? seen hubby total of 5 mins today to hand over my other lil toad :laugh:

Me n Mum are pretty much right on the corner you next one up and debs tarp in next to that! yep will be a hectic corner especially on sat as our friends who has a whole clan of pugs will be sitting with us, lord knows which ones (or how many) she will have enter but they (like most pugs) are all naughty!

I cant wait just wish I was entered tomoro!

yahhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The superbrat went MINOR IN GROUP :laugh: yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to say HUGE thankyou to my support there tonight who hung with me and kept me sane while we went in for minor in show - Thanks Deb (the ark) you rock! And Jo who went bob for havanese and hung round to watch and support - also for organising a pic with the judge which I will treasure I am sure!

Bec