Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I'll put my hand up for GSP cuddles Fiona :)

Well I went out to Erskine Park today, it was so hot!! I decided I had better start buying som equipment for Willow as she will be arriving tomorrow evening.... I bought her a show lead, its a light one, a choker type lead but not metal, fabric if you know what I mean. I also bought an armband thingy for numbers, some plush puppy shampoo and a little metal water bucket that you can hook onto the crate, that will be for home use though as I plan to buy a soft crate at some point for showing.

poocow, I did see a yellow gazebo there, and wondered if it was yours, I chickened out in asking though :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll put my hand up for GSP cuddles Fiona :)

Well I went out to Erskine Park today, it was so hot!! I decided I had better start buying som equipment for Willow as she will be arriving tomorrow evening.... I bought her a show lead, its a light one, a choker type lead but not metal, fabric if you know what I mean. I also bought an armband thingy for numbers, some plush puppy shampoo and a little metal water bucket that you can hook onto the crate, that will be for home use though as I plan to buy a soft crate at some point for showing.

poocow, I did see a yellow gazebo there, and wondered if it was yours, I chickened out in asking though :)

Yep that was me :( I was wandering around with a pink top on.

Glad you got some supplies. I went and got morgs a new chamois coat as it was so hot and I forgot her cool coat :cry:

I am still melting even though we have the AC on and have been home for over an hour now.

Matt scored a new chamois cool coat too but I was very reluctant to hand it over after feeling its cooling power myself LOL!

Oh and I'm extremely proud of my young man. I'm always nervous handling infront of the breeder but today was such a buzz. With an entry of 28 ACDs, Matt went into the ring to win Minor Dog. We lined up and I was convinced we wouldn't get a look at as the open dog was awarded DCC before I even reached the stacking line up. So in came the replacement open dog. Around we went and suddenly I felt the judge looking at us. She then awarded Matt ResDCC over the older dogs. I was on cloud nine.

We watched the bitches go roung and then I handled Matts sister in the BCC line up. My breeder picked up BCC with her gorgeous girl. Matts sister missed out but I was still happy.

So in went the DCC and BCC dogs. The dog picked up a nice win and I went cold realising I was now up against my breeder with her older lovely girl.

Matty was awarded RUBOB and you could have knocked me over with a feather. That RUBOB will live with me now for a long time and I'm SOOO pleased his breeder was there to see it for herself. It just reinforced for both of us that he IS as good as we think he is, even without a face on the end of the lead.

I am still melting even though we have the AC on and have been home for over an hour now.

Matt scored a new chamois cool coat too but I was very reluctant to hand it over after feeling its cooling power myself LOL!

Oh and I'm extremely proud of my young man. I'm always nervous handling infront of the breeder but today was such a buzz. With an entry of 28 ACDs, Matt went into the ring to win Minor Dog. We lined up and I was convinced we wouldn't get a look at as the open dog was awarded DCC before I even reached the stacking line up. So in came the replacement open dog. Around we went and suddenly I felt the judge looking at us. She then awarded Matt ResDCC over the older dogs. I was on cloud nine.

We watched the bitches go roung and then I handled Matts sister in the BCC line up. My breeder picked up BCC with her gorgeous girl. Matts sister missed out but I was still happy.

So in went the DCC and BCC dogs. The dog picked up a nice win and I went cold realising I was now up against my breeder with her older lovely girl.

Matty was awarded RUBOB and you could have knocked me over with a feather. That RUBOB will live with me now for a long time and I'm SOOO pleased his breeder was there to see it for herself. It just reinforced for both of us that he IS as good as we think he is, even without a face on the end of the lead.

:mad great job Freckles & Matt!!!

I stayed home today - and really glad I did after your 'melting' comment :(

Just in case none of you are hanging on every post in the Aussie thread, our decision has been made..... (drum roll..............)

Meet my new pup!

8%20weeks,%20Dragon.jpg

Much to Greg's disgust I am thinking of changing his name from Dragon - I just haven't come up with anything else that fits our theme yet.... :mad

Edited by The Ark

Just in case none of you are hanging on every post in the Aussie thread, our decision has been made..... (drum roll..............)

Meet my new pup!

8%20weeks,%20Dragon.jpg

Much to Greg's disgust I am thinking of changing his name from Dragon - I just haven't come up with anything else that fits our theme yet.... :(

Ark, your boy is gorgeous :mad

What sort of theme do you have? I'm bringing home my little bundle of joy tomorrow evening... are you ready for puppyhood??? I always forget how much work it is!!

Congrats Freckles & Matt, did well!!

aziah - oh fountain of knowledge :(

some q's re medowie

I need to find out where/what oval (will go find the gazette) but do you know if the rings will be marked out on friday? can we mark spots and will there be a ring plan?

Ta

Bec

If you go to Google Maps it will give you a good location :(

I have no idea re ring set-up but I would imagine that on Friday they'd be set-up ;)

Deb - love your choice of puppy :mad

Breaking out of my own little world for a minute - awesome result Freckles and Matt!!!!! :mad I can't imagine how happy you are with that! I also do love Matt's name.... :(

And Aziah - have you been away yet? I nearly sent you a PM earlier today but thought maybe you were on holidays. ;)

Looking forward to Morisset! :(

Thanks Guys, I'm still grinning :mad

Aziah, it was VERY warm out there today and I wouldn't have traveled either if it wasn't as close as it is. But it ended as a really good day with good results for a few people I know. So we all had a good day.

The Ark, nice pup. Hope to see you in the ring soon.

Okay, it took me so long to do my post that I missed a dozen more.

Thanks Dotty - I'm sure they'll have some fun together!!

Aziah - thought you'd like it. :(

Goldiegirl - good luck with your new bubba!! :mad Having this litter of pups has been like having a baby all over again, although the pups do sleep slightly better than any of my babies did! They insist on waking up at 5am though. At least, unlike babies, you can just open the front door and put them outside for a couple of hours and go back to bed! :(

ETA (I'm so happy I worked out what "ETA" means after about 6 months!!): Our theme for this litter was Avalon (based on "Mists of Avalon" by Marion Bradley).

Edited by The Ark

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay how did the assesment go ?????

:mad Go Dragon!

Meet my new pup!

8%20weeks,%20Dragon.jpg

Much to Greg's disgust I am thinking of changing his name from Dragon - I just haven't come up with anything else that fits our theme yet.... :(

ETA (I'm so happy I worked out what "ETA" means after about 6 months!!): Our theme for this litter was Avalon (based on "Mists of Avalon" by Marion Bradley).

Hmmm, do you have a Merlin? or Galahad? I think Merlin would suit him... mind you I am biased, I named my last cat Merlin.

I need to find out where/what oval (will go find the gazette) but do you know if the rings will be marked out on friday? can we mark spots and will there be a ring plan?

Bec

it's ferodale oval Bec and it's just down the road from the"shopping centre" you turn off a little round about that shouldn't even be classed as a round about! Sorry I'm no good with directions and that's all that I know.

Edited by Jessm

Meet my new pup!

8%20weeks,%20Dragon.jpg

Much to Greg's disgust I am thinking of changing his name from Dragon - I just haven't come up with anything else that fits our theme yet.... :)

Oh!! You are keeping one! What about the other bitch you were talking about at training, anything happening there??

No :) , she's gone to a SA home, but that's okay as I just need to learn to be patient and wait for what is right. I am learning.... :thumbsup:

I think I'll just have some fun with this boy for now, and see what happens later in the year.

I have been thinking of Merlin type names, but Tally is Taliesin the Mage, who is the main Merlin in the book. His successor as Merlin is a deformed guy named Kevin, who does happen to play the harp and sing beautifully. I have thought of maybe "BrandyArk The Harper Bard" (the harper bard being Kevin before he becomes Merlin) and then his call name could be Harper. Kevin does turn out to be a traitor and is executed by the priestesses of Avalon, but I can ignore that bit! A lot of the characters in the book play the harp as well, so maybe I could broaden it to just "The Harper". Arrow's new name is Bobbi, so his owners probably don't really need "Elf Arrow" as a registered name, and I have thought of swapping that to my boy's name as well and calling him either Elf or Arrow (Arrow would be a bit weird having had the other pup called Arrow for this long). I am really in trouble for even thinking of changing his name, but I do have to fill out a lot of paperwork (show entries etc) using the name, and call something out to him every day, so I would like it to be something that I like. :)