Kangaroo Back Bones

Just wondering what peoples view is on Kangaroo Back bones?

Where I live we have a kangaroo processor/butcher, they sell human grade meat but also a lot of pet food.

I have been feeding beef Brisket bones as a treat/bordom buster but the butcher didnt have any left :thumbsup: I went to get some kangaroo mince and while I was there the guy was telling me about a dog food roll they make (apparently similar to Uncle toms) and the other things they have for dogs.

I got a pack of what they call "wing dings" apparently it is a bit that they cut from the shoulder/armpit, and a bit of back bone. it was 1kg but looked very meaty, possible more like a rib than what I would expect a back bone too look like (ie a spine) maybe I just have my terminology a bit wrong.

Are these sorts of bones similar to brisket bones?

Who else feeds these sort of things?

Vanessa

Hopefully your dog can stomach it, our local butcher sell roo tails for a great price, alas Shar pukes everytime she has roo :eek: However it is supposed to be good as it is less fat - another reason I wanted to use them cause Shar is on a diet :)

Well I tried a piece of back bone on the weekend, it is really meaty!! and the bone is a great shape for nibbling on and keeping little brains working.

I have to say that he seemed to really like it, kept going back to it to try to chew the last little bits off, will deffinately be getting some more :laugh: