Et Title

Okay next year im considering attempting an ET title on one of my boys.I was just wondering if any of the venues used this year where better/worse & easier to work(grass V tarmac)

My dog is a gundog & is fairly good at not reacting to wildlife(we have roos/rabbits/bandicots ) in our area so he,s learnt not to react on our daily rides here BUT he is a full coated showdog & im happy to pick crap out of his coat but i dont want to ruin his coat

The ET is on the 5th September in Yangebup and I have been told that this is a much better location than where they used to hold it and where I did my one and only ET where the dogs had to swim to get around the course.

I would consider biking along the cyclepath past Champion Lakes for training.

Have you put a padded bike seat on your Xmas wish list????

I have a good bike seat :laugh: .

I pedal regularly anyway,if anything maybe up grade my bike but thats no biggie.

I have a show on that day but atleast i can get feedback on the venue,although obviously things can change next year.

Having said that its close to home so thats handy

I wonder how many GR CH have ET at the end of their name.

Have you managed to talk Labs into doing it with you :thumbsup:

A few but not many in my breed,in fact there very fair & few between.

If it works out i have a youngster here i will train for the following year ,he could be ready next year but i would sooner put the time & effort in & do it safely.

2 blondes on a bike plus i could get in trouble if Labs is behind & i raise my hand,her dog may no longer be under effective control.

I have to work on the basic obedience but that should be no issues

Have you managed to talk Labs into doing it with you :thumbsup:

A few but not many in my breed,in fact there very fair & few between.

If it works out i have a youngster here i will train for the following year ,he could be ready next year but i would sooner put the time & effort in & do it safely.

2 blondes on a bike plus i could get in trouble if Labs is behind & i raise my hand,her dog may no longer be under effective control.

I have to work on the basic obedience but that should be no issues

LOL - I can't imagine Labs biking 20km and speak the entire time :thumbsup: OOps running away to hide :thumbsup:

Don't get too concerned about the obedience - its very very basic . Its forward halt (requiring a sit)and then a very short recall from memory and I think it is all on lead.

I am seeing the judge on the weekend if you want me to check

Dusty's dad does.....Gr Ch Ausbrand Limited Edition ET. And she is set to follow in her daddy's footsteps next year with her ET title (or attempt at it). It was Bensn's turn this year and we had an absolute blast.

Good luck to everyone training for it!

Setterlover, there was a Gordon Setter in the ET I did, we rode around a duck/swan/moorhen filled lake and the Gordon didn't bat an eyelid. Her owner was a bit worried she might react but she was good as gold.

Okay next year im considering attempting an ET title on one of my boys.I was just wondering if any of the venues used this year where better/worse & easier to work(grass V tarmac)

My dog is a gundog & is fairly good at not reacting to wildlife(we have roos/rabbits/bandicots ) in our area so he,s learnt not to react on our daily rides here BUT he is a full coated showdog & im happy to pick crap out of his coat but i dont want to ruin his coat

We did it about a month back at Yangabub and the tracks are fine in terms of the dogs coats, it was just abit wet and muddy but not much. Most of the track consisted of limestoney gravel and some bitumen track and a small amount of sandy track where the weather had washed sand across the track. The track was quite wide except we did have a couple of fallen trees because of a storm the night before but the GSA had done a good job of moving them. There were a couple of showdogs doing it including mine (Aussie) and a friends Springer without any issues with their coats. Both dogs are Champions and the Springer is an import that is currently taking out several BIG over east.

While practicing with my sister and her dogs there recently we did have a bandicoot run across our path which did excite the dogs abit. All in all a fairly easy track though.

Edited by ozjen

We have 2 GR CH, ET titled dogs -

Our boy Dino was the first ET titled Malinois in QLD and I think safe to say Australia -

GR CH Chamshep Dare Devil CD ET HT

and his sister

GR CH Lesadret Zibette ET

Now have 3 generations of ET titled Malinois and 3 generations of ET titled GSD's. Have done a total of 14 ET titles so far. Kids are old enough to do it now so next year they will be running their own dogs!!!!

I'll be the drinks person :)

We did it about a month back at Yangabub and the tracks are fine in terms of the dogs coats, it was just abit wet and muddy but not much. Most of the track consisted of limestoney gravel and some bitumen track and a small amount of sandy track where the weather had washed sand across the track. The track was quite wide except we did have a couple of fallen trees because of a storm the night before but the GSA had done a good job of moving them. There were a couple of showdogs doing it including mine (Aussie) and a friends Springer without any issues with their coats. Both dogs are Champions and the Springer is an import that is currently taking out several BIG over east.

While practicing with my sister and her dogs there recently we did have a bandicoot run across our path which did excite the dogs abit. All in all a fairly easy track though.

Thanks i can practise on all those surfaces in my street.

Coat wise i was more worried if it would stick & of course i would have to get off pick the crap out as it would annoy him although i can tie the coat up.

I now the springer well although my lad has much more coat :laugh:

Thanks i can practise on all those surfaces in my street.

Coat wise i was more worried if it would stick & of course i would have to get off pick the crap out as it would annoy him although i can tie the coat up.

I now the springer well although my lad has much more coat :)

Yes. the English Setters in the ring have lovely coats, the Springer was the only dog I could think of to give an example of the lack of effect on the coat. There were some twigs and leaves on the tracks but I don't think they would cause much issue. If you don't live to far from Yangabub why not check it out before hand and access wether you need to wrap the coat. If not, I may be out that way on the weekend as my sister is planning on doing the ET so we might go have another practice, if we do I'll take the camera and get some shots of the tracks so that you can get an idea.

Edited by ozjen

Oh have lots of fun. I did my ET just out of Kalgoorlie and we had to wash the ice off the windscreen that morning!

Our excitement was an Emu deciding to join in for a little while!

Loved doing it, had a great time. Enjoy yourselves :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add my bit!

I did the ET last year in September at the yangebup location. I had not previously been to Gnangara but I found this location good. A few different surfaces, none of which would were overgrown or muddy at the time.

I had a snake slither across the path- saw it before my dog did, so just steadied her to a stop until it had disappeared, and warned the person behind me as well as the stewards.

Good course though :)