Preferred Premium And Super Premiums?

stormie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eukanuba is full fillers. There are MUCH better foods out there.

really?

i must say that i haven't done as much research as I would have liked but fillers wasn't something that I thought it was it was bad for. It was recommended by the breeder

below are the ingredients, which are the fillers in it?

Chicken, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken By-Product Meal, Fish Meal (source of fish oil), Brewers Rice, Chicken Digest, Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Dried Egg Product, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid], Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Minerals [Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate], Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Marigold Extract (source of lutein), Chondroitin Sulfate, Rosemary Extract.

and Royal canin

Chicken meal, rice, corn gluten meal, brown rice, chicken fat, barley, wheat gluten, chicken, natural chicken flavor, dried beet pulp (sugar removed), anchovy oil (source of EPA/DHA), sodium silico aluminate, psyllium seed husk, potassium chloride, dried egg product, salt, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), dried brewers yeast extract (source of mannan-oligosaccharides), monosodium phosphate, L-lysine, taurine, DL-methionine, choline chloride, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, niacin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2) supplement, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], Trace Minerals [zinc oxide, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite] , chondroitin sulfate, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta L.), preserved with natural mixed tocopherols (source of Vitamin E) and citric acid, rosemary extract.

seems similar though second one has psyllim seed husk which seem like a filler

Edited by busters crew

I feed either Pro Plan Salmon or Eukanuba.

Laffi if Euk is no good which are the better brands?

As I said before I recommend Premium: Royal Canin and Super premium: Artemis.

:laugh: For busters crew:

Analysis of Eukanuba ingredients:

The first ingredient is a named meat product. This is not a meal ingredient. It is inclusive of water content (about 80%). Once that is removed, as it must be to create a dehydrated product, the ingredient will weigh around 20% of its wet weight. Ingredients are listed in order of weight, and the dehydrated ingredient would probably be more accurately placed much further down the ingredient list. It is highly unlikely that this ingredient makes any significant contribution to the overall meat content of the food. Therefore the first ingredients of this food are fillers (low in digestibility grains): corn meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum. This good is basically grains, not a good dog food diet.

Analysis Royal Canin ingredients:

The first ingredient is a named meat product, in meal form. Therefore already Royal Canin contains MUCH more meat than Eukanuba. Rice, although grain, is high in digestibility (much more suitable).

:laugh: For busters crew:

Analysis of Eukanuba ingredients: ...snip...

I'd like to read up more on this for my own benefit, can you supply a link please? thanks

:thumbsup: For busters crew:

Analysis of Eukanuba ingredients: ...snip...

I'd like to read up more on this for my own benefit, can you supply a link please? thanks

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

Speak to some of the experienced staff at PB - Bernie (girl with short blond hair) is one re food. Most of the others have no idea at all. They lost a lot of their good and knowledgeable staff with some management changes it seems. The more knowledgeable staff seem to be at the old Pet Warehouse store.

I think them sticking EP had a lot to do with one of their employees going to work for EP.

Eukanuba is full fillers. There are MUCH better foods out there.

really?

i must say that i haven't done as much research as I would have liked but fillers wasn't something that I thought it was it was bad for. It was recommended by the breeder

below are the ingredients, which are the fillers in it?

Chicken, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken By-Product Meal, Fish Meal (source of fish oil), Brewers Rice, Chicken Digest, Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Dried Egg Product, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and Citric Acid), Brewers Dried Yeast, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid], Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Minerals [Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate], Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Marigold Extract (source of lutein), Chondroitin Sulfate, Rosemary Extract.

and Royal canin

Chicken meal, rice, corn gluten meal, brown rice, chicken fat, barley, wheat gluten, chicken, natural chicken flavor, dried beet pulp (sugar removed), anchovy oil (source of EPA/DHA), sodium silico aluminate, psyllium seed husk, potassium chloride, dried egg product, salt, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), dried brewers yeast extract (source of mannan-oligosaccharides), monosodium phosphate, L-lysine, taurine, DL-methionine, choline chloride, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamins [DL-alpha tocopherol acetate (source of vitamin E), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, vitamin A acetate, niacin supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2) supplement, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement], Trace Minerals [zinc oxide, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite] , chondroitin sulfate, marigold extract (Tagetes erecta L.), preserved with natural mixed tocopherols (source of Vitamin E) and citric acid, rosemary extract.

seems similar though second one has psyllim seed husk which seem like a filler

Hi busters crew,

Fillers are typically known as plant glutens (wheat gluten meal, corn gluten meal, wheat gluten). They add bulk to the food and are a source of lower quality protein compared to meat. They have a lower biological value so lower amino acid profile and less digestibility than meat. They can be used to increase protein in a food to the animals recommended amount instead of using meat which is more costly.

i feed nutrience holistic to my funny stomached dog and he does brilliantly, and the older cat gets his nutrience senior cat and doesn't have any problems.

however i am finding it harder to source. the local shop (which sells puppies, but is now under new management who have told me that they don't want to sell animals, except fish, for various reasons-hopefully they stick to this!) used to only stock nutrience and hills feeds. yet they have removed their display of nutrience but will keep stocking a small range for regulars. nutrience never seems to have reps out, nor do they have many deals etc - their promo isn't very good IMHO. having said that, their food is excellent so i wouldn't swap for the world...

i would feed eagle pack if nutrience wasn't avaliable -but i get better, if not the same, results on nutrience and it is a bit cheaper

i feed nutrience holistic to my funny stomached dog and he does brilliantly, and the older cat gets his nutrience senior cat and doesn't have any problems.

however i am finding it harder to source. the local shop (which sells puppies, but is now under new management who have told me that they don't want to sell animals, except fish, for various reasons-hopefully they stick to this!) used to only stock nutrience and hills feeds. yet they have removed their display of nutrience but will keep stocking a small range for regulars. nutrience never seems to have reps out, nor do they have many deals etc - their promo isn't very good IMHO. having said that, their food is excellent so i wouldn't swap for the world...

i would feed eagle pack if nutrience wasn't avaliable -but i get better, if not the same, results on nutrience and it is a bit cheaper

+1 :heart: see my previous rants in this post!

hi there,

we've just had a free pet blanket promo on 6kg bags + that went throughout winter. Did you see that one? I can email you an outlet list too that may help you to source it?

For those who feed Proplan, what sort of prices/weights does it come in? And is it easy to get?

Hi Sheridan, we get the Proplan chicken and rice bag 17k bag from a pet goods supply place here in Vic for about $110-$120. It lasts him ages and he loves it. I've not seen any bags bigger than the 17, but you can get it in a fairly decent range of other sizes.

I've never had trouble finding it. Most larger pet supply places should have it, I've not ever seen it at Pet Shops or the supermarket.

Just my experience. :)

hey nutrience-

i live in the city so i can't actually store 6kg! i have to buy the 3kg (and when they run out of that with the cat senior, the 1.5kg). yes it is more expensive but animal food already takes up more of my cupboards than i use for my food- i simply can't fit it!

i think my gripe with promos isn't just about the giveaways etc but with the signs and the actual getting out there telling people about it (most ppl have never heard of it, even if they feed other premium etc brands) and telling people how awesome it is!-i saw a rep once when i was on the penninsula but my store has told me that nutrience don't have reps anymore-maybe they aren't worht the money, i don't know, but i think your marketing is struggling to keep up with the big name competitors...

on the flip side, i've met a few proplan reps and they were so rude and horrible, superior little ppl that i would never buy the food because of the pushy reps - i dont appreciate getting told that i'm poisioning my animals because i don't feed proplan...though i haven't heard any bad reports about the actual food, i would always look for an alternative food myself - so maybe reps are a bad thing!

hey nutrience-

i live in the city so i can't actually store 6kg! i have to buy the 3kg (and when they run out of that with the cat senior, the 1.5kg). yes it is more expensive but animal food already takes up more of my cupboards than i use for my food- i simply can't fit it!

i think my gripe with promos isn't just about the giveaways etc but with the signs and the actual getting out there telling people about it (most ppl have never heard of it, even if they feed other premium etc brands) and telling people how awesome it is!-i saw a rep once when i was on the penninsula but my store has told me that nutrience don't have reps anymore-maybe they aren't worht the money, i don't know, but i think your marketing is struggling to keep up with the big name competitors...

on the flip side, i've met a few proplan reps and they were so rude and horrible, superior little ppl that i would never buy the food because of the pushy reps - i dont appreciate getting told that i'm poisioning my animals because i don't feed proplan...though i haven't heard any bad reports about the actual food, i would always look for an alternative food myself - so maybe reps are a bad thing!

Hi there,

Yeh, I understand the space issue in the city - have you got one of our Nutrience storage containers when that promo was on?

Well, we do have a full time rep in Victoria and have for 10 years but it would be chance if you bumped into them because they see alot of stores every day. We advertise in the Sydney Urban Animal and national Puppies and Dogs Annual, Kittens and Cats Annual, Dogs NSW, Dogs Vic and Burkes Backyard Magazine plus sponsor various shows/flyball. We'll never be able to keep up with the multinationals because we're privately owned, not floated on the stockmarket or a public company so we don't have external funding sources. The manufacturer Hagen prides itself in putting money back into quality ingredients to give consumer value for money. Oh, I wish we had a multimillion dollar budget to spread the word, I would be in my element! :)

Its a shame that Pets on Broadway (meaning the one in the shopping centre) sells puppies. You'll find most people here will not shop there for that reason.

hi there,

Spoke to Petbarn Alexandria today and they have good stock right now and are ordering fortnightly plus carry almost every formula.

I will check that out this week end and let you know. I was in there 3 weeks ago and they had nothing! fingers x'd